GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is nothing like the very first ride of the season!
Took my 2019 DCT Tour AB out for the first ride this year and put on about 200 miles today.

What a great feeling and several times caught myself smiling at just the opportunity to ride such an awesome & cool Goldwing DCT.
Didn't put many miles on last year with my new bike as I was still working hard finishing up my 38-year working career....
Retired since October and will now enjoy a lot more miles and being able to pick the best days to ride regardless of what day of the week it is!

Life is good!

·
Registered
161 Posts
What a great feeling and several times caught myself smiling at just the opportunity to ride such an awesome & cool Goldwing DCT.
I was out yesterday, 03/26/2020, running errands and was thinking exactly the same thing. I retired in 2013 but worked part time until last December. I had complications from back surgery in July, 2019 and thought I would never be able to ride again. Fortunately, they finally figured out what was wrong and while I am not 100%, I am well enough to ride. So.... it was doubly enjoyable - just to be able to ride AND to be able to ride such a fine machine. I wish I would never have worked part-time after 2013 - you never know what is going to happen health-wise and you need to enjoy every minute once you are able to retire.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My daughter is in Minneapolis and told me it was in the 60's up there today. Not as nice here... Not warm enough to ride. Glad you got to get out! I'll be joining you in the retired train pretty soon...

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Ride every opportunity time allows ya too! Enjoy that new GW!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.......

Monday is another forecast 60 and sunny day, guess what I'll be dong? ;)
Bummer is I need to stay out of Wisconsin and they have some awesome roads.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
There is nothing like the very first ride of the season!
Took my 2019 DCT Tour AB out for the first ride this year and put on about 200 miles today.

Didn't put many miles on last year with my new bike as I was still working hard finishing up my 38-year working career....
Retired since October and will now enjoy a lot more miles and being able to pick the best days to ride regardless of what day of the week it is!

Life is good!

View attachment 366952
Very nice looking bike..glad you are getting out there to enjoy it. Its been a mild winter this year and Ive been able to take a ride nearly every weekend this winter...45 degrees and up Im taking a ride

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've always described my first ride of every spring to getting laid for the first time, and I get to reexperience this every spring. Always puts a BIG smile on my face. Those that don't ride, can't understand.

·
Registered
70 Posts
we on complete shutdown here in south Africa. they have the army and roadblocks on all major routes.
they have already caught and locked up so many drivers, and they can only get bail after 21 days.
but I guess it's for our own safety.
stay safe everyone.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel for those under a complete lockdown......especially with great weather that is here and on the horizon.
I hope our "stay at home" order from the Minnesota governor Waltz continues to allow for "driving for pleasure" exemptions.

I'm going to ride every chance I get, never know what the future brings......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts