GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you are considering a bigger tire, this is my Goodyear tripletred 205-60R-16 . It is very comfortable riding. It did rub for the first 20 miles on the right front (swingarm). It does extremely well in the rain. I don't think there is a bigger tire that will fit without bike surgery or brain surgery.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Looks good, ride safe Psalmist!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Is that tire's tread as square looking as the photo makes it out to be?
I have looked at this tire at Sam's club Murgie, and yes they are!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is, but the ride is exceptional. You don't feel like you're riding a 'square' at all. Another giant plus is, the bike is now reading (Garmin gps) only 1/2-1 mph off. I think originally (stock) it's about 3 mph off.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
If any of you are considering a bigger tire, this is my Goodyear tripletred 205-60R-16 . It is very comfortable riding. It did rub for the first 20 miles on the right front (swingarm). It does extremely well in the rain. I don't think there is a bigger tire that will fit without bike surgery or brain surgery.

Then what happened?:shrug:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Then it worked fine. For my style of riding, this tire is perfect.
We rode for roughly 150 miles yesterday and no gaint balls of flame I noticed in mirrors:p

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
We rode for roughly 150 miles yesterday and no gaint balls of flame I noticed in mirrors:p
It looks like his Wing is white also. It must have been a sight seeing two refrigerators rolling down the road!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two Maytags. yup that was us 'cept his has pearl and makes mine look like rattlecans were near.

Before my trip I lowered my highway pegs for comfort. But in so doing, I can't lean very far on corners. Normally they are up higher and I can lean more. Of course not like Rails. I think his passenger handles might have some rash on them.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you look at the highway pegs, you'll see how far down that arm is hanging. Works fine on the highway, but not so well in the curves.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I like that booster you have on mounted on top of your back seat!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
I like that booster you have on mounted on top of your back seat!:lol::lol::lol:
He mounted the jet on top for next ride with me maybe .Atta boy now you can lead Dino !!:yes1:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Of course not like Rails. I think his passenger handles might have some rash on them.
Not yet, but I am riding Sunday with soon to be Darksider and I do need goals or I bet bored;)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah that's my turbo for the next time we do 'the dells'. Wisconsin- beautiful state.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Congrats on coming to the Darkside. Not sure I'd want to ride with those highway pegs so low to the ground. :eek:4:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts