GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help,

I am in the process of installing a set of BigBike Fog Lights on my 2008 Goldwing. My problem is this. Every thing is going great. Then I got to the point where the instructions stated, connect the pig tail to the black 4 point connector of the motorcycle. I can not find the 4 point motorcycle connector. Please advise as to where it is located.

Note: I found a yellow 2 point plug. No help there.

Advance thanks.

TLS
2008 Red Goldwing

·
Registered
110 Posts
my 09 had plugs, wire tyed to the bike near the foglights with a protective cover on them. My problem was I could not find the plug to hook up the switch. I had to take it to the shop and they found it in about 10 seconds! It ended up being way down inside the left faring pocket.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can not find the 4 point motorcycle connector. Please advise as to where it is located.

TLS
2008 Red Goldwing
"Locate the shiny, black rubber boot which is in the bottom right corner of the switch panel mounting hole on the fairing. Open the boot up to expose the connectors."

This it a direct quote from my install instructions, I just put a set on my wing as well.

·
Registered
250 Posts
"Locate the shiny, black rubber boot which is in the bottom right corner of the switch panel mounting hole on the fairing. Open the boot up to expose the connectors."

This it a direct quote from my install instructions, I just put a set on my wing as well.
+ 1 to that. Just installed Hondaline LED foglamps on mine which use the same booted plug. Youll find it tucked against the frame rail and all the other stuff there to the right side of and below the left fairing opening that holds the headlight adjuster and preload and 4-ways flasher switches. The black rubber boot's wider, open end may be facing downward so you may have to move it around to see in the open end, or carefully move the rubber boot backward along the OEM wire harness to expose the Hitachi plugs hiding inside the protective boot.

The control switch panel definitely has to come out, both to access the booted connector plug as well as to install the foglight on-off switch in the place of the filler cap presently occupying the unused switch-hole in the panel.

Next time ya gotta do an install like this, save it for a time when ya gotta yank the top shelter for service or something, or are installing multiple accessories. Having the top shelter off greatly simplifies finding plugs and routing wires safely and securely so as to avoid future electrical problems. Remember the tops of the radiator in the left-hand fairing pocket get pretty hot, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts