GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend bought a Burgman. She wanted me to figure out a radio install (I thought satellite) but from the reads appears an iPod or MP3 would be a better fix. Now, how do we talk bike to bike? A $40 CB to mate with my wing or would something else suffice?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Several options exist:
  • 1- Hondaline CB designed to integrate with the GL1800 audio system (very costly compared to what CB costs in other applications) and a low-cost portable/mobile CB on the Burgman.
    2- Low-cost mobile/portable CBs on both bikes - see Sierra electronics for a good solution along this order
    3- FRS/GMRS radio on both bikes - This solution may be one of the best (FRS/GMRS radios are fairly inexpensive, reliable and useful away from the bikes, i.e. camping/hiking) if you pay attention to several details: Kennedy Technologies has an integration tool for using FRS/GMRS on the Goldwing; it's called FRSet, I think; GMRS requires licensing by the airwaves police (FCC); a very high quality microphone is essential with FRS/GMRS to reduce overmodulation caused by wind noise.
Good luck; enjoy your team rides.

·
Registered
37 Posts
J&M makes a handle bar mount CB that allows input from a radio or MP3 player. I installed one on my wife's Burgman and it works well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts