GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good alarm for the Goldwing. I see the Scorpio on HDL and the Big Bike . Has anyone used a different one, what is the best.

M

·
0 Posts
Scorpio

I'm using the Scorpio SR-i500 with perimeter sensor and power backup. It works fine for me.
It has a connectorkit for GL1800 witch makes the installation very easy.
The two way remote works fine if your are not too far away from the bike.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Smith & Wesson make several models! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Alarm System

Look into Armed Guard....has proximity sensor and pager unit. Fred Harmon did a review and is very happy with the unit.

·
Vendor
17,406 Posts
I don't know much about an alarm, but I thought I'd share about a question I posted about a year ago. I posted a question asking other readers if they knew anyone that had ever had a Goldwing stollen.

There was only one reply saying that they'd heard of one that had been stollen. Wings aren't like crotch rocket or Harleys. They're more like helmet. People don't steal them and alarms in most casses aren't needed.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I use a Beretta 92G, no safety to slow it down from going off!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
sdlyon5 said:
Smith & Wesson make several models! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is my take on it.
:clap2:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
NewBlueWing said:
Can anyone recommend a good alarm for the Goldwing. I see the Scorpio on HDL and the Big Bike . Has anyone used a different one, what is the best.
I installed the scorpion on mine and it was very, very easy. People may not steal wings, but it's nice to know that if someone gets on it and stands it up, the alarm will go off. I didn't get the perimeter add on... just the 2 way remote with LCD.

Matt

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It's not only theft, but other reasons. About a year ago, one guy posted here that he parked outside the library, and when he came out, someone had bumped his bike and knocked it over, causing 3,000 or more in damage.

The paging alarm would've alerted him to that instance (hopefully) and he could've found/confronted the culprit.

It's not only about theft.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts