GL1800Riders Forums banner

What do you pay for insurance on your GL1800?

• less than $500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $500 to $700

• $701 to $900

• $901 to $1,100

• over $1,100

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of variables when you talk insurance premiums but it would be nice to see the range of premiums that we are paying.

Here are some assumptions...

- annual premium
- full coverage (liability, collision, theft, fire)
- $500 deductable

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well with 80 respondents so far, it looks like the vast majority are paying less than $500 per year for GL1800 insurance. I want to move where these riders live! I am in the $1,100 range.

Now, I did include a message with the original poll stating that the poll was for annual premiums, full coverage, and approx. $500 deductable. Some may have missed the message as it is located further down the page from the actual poll.

Thanks to those who took the poll so far.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bike Insurance

Good grief Tom 1100 dollars a year for insurance, in
Thunder Bay. I use to live in northern Minnesota and I
know where Thunder Bay is. We are not talking about
a high volume of traffic as say in New York City.
I own a 03 Wing and a 02 Victory with full coverage on
both with a 500 deduct for around 850.00 per yr.
I hope you are getting kissed because you sure are getting,
well you know the rest.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, we know we are getting screwed :shock: in Canada for insurance and gas prices and on and on. Health care coverage is a little better up here, though. BTW... that $1,100 for insurance includes a $300 discount for being a member of GWRRA (group rate). I will probably drop the collision coverage next year but like to keep it on a fairly new bike.

T

·
0 Posts
When you say full coverage...that needs to be detailed.
Like: 300,000/100,000/300,000 $500 ded.
100,000/50,000/100,000 $500 ded.
25,000/10,000/25,000 $500 ded.
Full coverage to some may NOT be full coverage to others.
With the way medical insurance is SOARING, and medical expenses are out the roof. What amount of insurance is enough for you.

Something to think about???????

·
Registered
322 Posts
Insurance Poll

If I left the bike on the road all year, it would be just over $1000. here in Crapachusetts. I cancel for the winter just so I can knock a couple hundred off the total.
This subject makes me sick to see what I have to pay in this state compared to other parts of the country.

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
Insrrance

Hey, Matt here

Massachusetts rates are the highest in the world, I think. I was paying instalments to the bank so I had to pay full pop , damage and fire and even with a perfect driving record and a 500 dollar ded, It was around 1300.00 I could not believe it!! But it is a 15,000 "vehicle" Also got whacked for a car like excise tax.... don't ask... for the full amount of around 350.00 . Its a "user" tax for the roads , I tried to argue that I was only using TWO wheels, if i could pay half, they did'nt go for it . Ignore the bill and good luck getting a 04 sticker !!!

Count your blessings other 49!!!!

MattILRed2002 :evil:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think it just depends what part of the country u live in. I pay about $775.00 but I have very high limits and medical and 5k for acc.. Also a 1,000,000. umbrella....what for??? Lawyer told me I needed it.....I suppose if I go thru a windshield and grab someones head as I past thru "that might cost me" a bunch. Can't get away from it unless I have lower limits. Just grin and bare it.... :D

bruce aka 'the blue trawler"

:blw1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts