GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to have some surger on the foot and it turned out a little worse than expected. Now I have to just hobble by the bike in the garage on my crutches for the next six weeks! Guess I will have my bro in law take in to the dealer for the frame repair during this down time!!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Same here

I'm still recuperating and the Doc will not let me get on my bike until March at the earliest (and hopefully 1 March). Best time of the year to get these medical things done and hopefully we'll both be back on our bikes when the really good weather starts.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
John,

Hope that you get well soon. You have my sympathy.

So you have to walk by your bike for six weeks, You Live in Texas. Well let me tell you a thing or two Mister. I live in NY and my bike is "laid up" for 3 to 4 months. No sympathy from me....LOL :lol:

All kidding aside, I do hope that your surgery was successful, and that you will be out testing the Texas State Mounties, real Soon.

Bulldog

·
Registered
596 Posts
I know what your feeling John.
Had my 8th back surgery on 12-5-02,#9 on 1-2-03 and #10 (my last I hope) on 5-6-03. It sure was hard to look at that bike and not be able to go riding.

Thanks to a great doc, i was healed up in time to make my first wing ding (madison). I rode 6k miles this year from 6-03 till the weather turned cold in dec.

Take care of yourself and you will be riding before ya know it.

G

·
0 Posts
John,

I missed 3 months last winter for back surgery so I know how you feel, cause you can ride all year here in Texas. If I figure right, you should be healed in time for our 2nd annual TX 1800 Gathering.

http://home.austin.rr.com/aylor/1800 Things/04gathering.htm

P.S.
Sure some of our Northern brothers would be glad to fly down and ride your Wing for you. Especially if you pay their expenses, give them a place to stay and feed them. :yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hope the surgery fixes things.
I'm sure they gave you pain pills, but they don't work for PMS. :oops:
Don't listen to the commercials, Mydol don't work either. :banghead:

·
Registered
22 Posts
John,
Hope the recuperation goes well. Just had minor surgery myself last Friday to remove a few screws from my leg - leftovers from surgery last summer following a bike wreck. I hope to be back riding by March.

Do youself a favor and do exactly as the doc sez or you'll run the chance of not healing properly. It's worth the wait.

Cheers,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts