GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 champion trike. 75000 miles. My problem is that the bike in general seems to be running hotter than I can remember. The temp gauge is acting normal and staying in the ranges it has always been. But my cylinders seems hotter. My frame, foot pegs all seem to be hotter than normal. Any ideas.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I assume you have checked the obvious like coolent level and the fans kick in and you say the temp guage is the same.
Do you get any pinging?
Are you running the same gas?
It could be running a little lean - bad O2 sensor

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I should have mentioned coolant level is correct. fans are turning on and off as they have always done. Gas is the same. The temp gauge stays just below the middle red line running normally. Temp gauge will go up when in parade mode.
What concerns me is that after I stop in the garage the frame will get so hot that you can hardly hold your hand on the frame.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also my mileage is that same as its always been. Needless to say Im very puzzled by this. Seems like Im headed to the dealer for some help.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Mine has done the same thing and it's an 03 too!

·
Registered
119 Posts
2003 champion trike. 75000 miles. My problem is that the bike in general seems to be running hotter than I can remember. The temp gauge is acting normal and staying in the ranges it has always been. But my cylinders seems hotter. My frame, foot pegs all seem to be hotter than normal. Any ideas.
Go to Harbor Freight or Sears and pick up a digital thermometer. They are around $40 and pretty handy to have anyway. Check some temps and report back.

·
Registered
538 Posts
All our bikes have seemed hotter this summer, because of the 100 to 110 temps we have had nearly everyday since June.
:agree:
I agree with Stove Pipe... been same scenario here in Georgia... just too dadgum hot to ride! Stopping at an intersection is miserable... can feel the heat from the black asphalt boiling up! Stop-n-go traffic is miserable! So, do most of my running around in the pickup or car. :eek:4:

I thoroughly enjoy spring & the fall for riding... the fall north Georgia mountains are breathtaking & very comfortable temps!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Riding through Cades Cove at idle speed about a month ago, mine ran about 2 tick marks higher on the gauge. It cooled back down as soon as we gained enough speed to give it some air. I wouldn't worry much as long as the coolant level is up and the temperature gauge on the bike is within normal range. That's all we have to go on.

2W

·
Registered
358 Posts
My 2004 has shown a slight rise in the temp a time or two this summer. Generally occurs when I'm poking around traffic with stop and go riding during these killer summer days we're having. Not an issue but the heat this summer has made a difference in the engine temp. Generally don't see this until it's 104*F or better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts