GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently converted from a MC tire to a Pirelli Eufori 195-65 -R16 RF on my 09 GL1800. Since I put a CT on my bike, I have noticed that it does not lean as far to the left when I put in on the center stand. In fact I have to be very careful where I park because in the wrong locations, there is no lean angle at all.

I have an Kuryakyn chrome side stand installed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is there a way to adjust that lean angle (had an '01 1800 and that seemed to lean more on the side stand)?

Does one brand of side stand work better than others?

Is it possible to modify the side stand to increase the lean angle?

ANY advise on this would be appreciated.

Pat M
Middleton, WI
Ironbutt #22644
Darksider # 904
Pirelli Eufori 195-65-R16 Run Flat
Patriot Guard Riders
GWRRA

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If it really is a problem, try putting the rear suspension on 25 before parking, see if that helps a bit.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
If your MC tire was a 70 series then the Pirelli would be a bit smaller and the bike wouldn't lean as much on the stand.

I strongly suspect the real issue is that your '01 Wing's suspension is completely sacked out. Raising the rear preload to the max would help but you should probably look at the servicing the suspension as well. Fresh springs in the front would probably do the job.

I recently converted from a MC tire to a Pirelli Eufori 195-65 -R16 RF on my 09 GL1800. Since I put a CT on my bike, I have noticed that it does not lean as far to the left when I put in on the center stand. In fact I have to be very careful where I park because in the wrong locations, there is no lean angle at all.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is there a way to adjust that lean angle (had an '01 1800 and that seemed to lean more on the side stand)?

Does one brand of side stand work better than others?

Pat M
Middleton, WI
Ironbutt #22644
Darksider # 904
Patriot Guard Riders
GWRRA

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts

Pat M
Middleton, WI
Ironbutt #22644
Darksider # 904
Patriot Guard Riders
GWRRA
Fellow Wi. Darksider if you buy a OEM side stand I will cut and weld it to whatever length you want . 1 hour in my shop. A little black paint and your good to go:thumbup: price ?? Buy be lunch :yes1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts