GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has someone had experience with bike lifts. The underside of the 1800 does not look as if it's friendly to jacks. I have seen the photos in Wing World. I could never get my bike clean due to the fact that I would always have one hand on the bike.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
BigD, I've used a Harbour Freight one for 3 years, and love it .I have not had even the slightest problem with it.
**** :yw1:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Pit Bull Lift

Like Ken said. Spendy but well worth it IMHO.
Great product and service.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey Dawg,

Do you have the front extension on that lift? Looks like you have plenty of room at the back, just wondering.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have an Eagle lift I bought when I had the Valk Interstate (no center stand) it works fine with the Wing. Look under your Wing while it is on the sidestand, you'll see that when folded up the centerstand provides a nice flat area to position a lift under.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Geez, those air-hydraulic lifts do indeed look neat. Some day, if my stock-portfolio ever improves ............. Mean-while, I have successfully used a $99. Sears-Lift for over a year with no problems what-so-ever. I did modify the release-valve to slow the descent rate, but otherwise it's been trouble-free, stable, easy to stow and use and one of my better investments. Makes cleaning and maintenance much easier.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Pilch,

Yes I have the 13" front extension, as well as (2) easy on, easy off 12" side extensions.

I use this lift for everything, John Deere tractor, ATVs, Adj Work Bench, and the list goes on.

I usually keep one of the bikes that I am not using at the moment,(usually the crack bike). on the lift at all times. This way I do not loose all that much space in the garage. Only upgrade that I did to the lift, was to stick self adhesive grit pads for the ramp and foot areas. That sucker can get slick without them.

Bulldog

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Good responses and a lot of help. Now I have some research to do.

Thanks for the imput :yes:

Dick

·
Registered
411 Posts
I use the Sears lift with the Tulsa Belly Pan with no problems.

·
Registered
317 Posts
We use one for our bikes. Kinda of pricey for what you get but it works. Since she has a Valkyrie I didn't want to mess with adapters. This she can ride on with no problem. 2 Staps and up it goes. Front first, back on, drop the rear section if you need to do wheel work. One bike stays on it most of the time. Roll your stool up to the bike and clean away.

www.liftrack.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts