GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Be one of the first to buy it HERE: http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=evolution+cb

This unit represents not just good value but modern design and impressive advanced features. It is a Fully functional CB radio with plug-and-play installation as well as full use of the OEM controls and display. Additionally, the Evolution CB Radio for the Goldwing Gl1800 is certainly suitable for all GL1800 model years 2001 through 2014. It comes with an available second radio mode for FRS GMRS or HAM radios using off the shelf SENA two way radio cables. The second radio connector is not fitted as standard but will be supplied if you order a second radio cable. Also included in the kit is a second audio input that can be used to integrate a GPS or Radar detector that will interrupt other audio sources when present.
State-of-the-art electronics, performance with USB upgradable software, and advanced technical support will enhance any riding experience.
Feel free to give us a call 800.260.4050 or email us [email protected] with any questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bike MP3 products

I would not buy another item from Bike MP3. I purchased a CB radio for my motorcycle. It crapped out so I sent it in for sevice. The response was lousy and three weeks later I still dont' have my radio back. I'm buying an OEM for my bike, like I should have done in the first place.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I would not buy another item from Bike MP3. I purchased a CB radio for my motorcycle. It crapped out so I sent it in for sevice. The response was lousy and three weeks later I still dont' have my radio back. I'm buying an OEM for my bike, like I should have done in the first place.
Just wait till you need service on that OEM radio. Good luck.

My BikeMP3 radio went out because it got wet. My bad. Pere allowed me to upgrade to the new Evolution at a fair price so that's what I'm doing.

·
Registered
805 Posts
What???

I ordered my Evolution the day after they started shipping. I received mine yesterday. When I checked the package, I I discovered that I received the cable for a Kenwood FRS instead of the requested Motorola GMRS. Before going to bed, around 10 PM, I sent Pete an email explaining the problem and asking how to resolve it. This was 1:00 AM in Florida, where Pete is. Within 15 minutes, I had a response. Pete couldn't do anything until Monday, but he promised the correct cable on Tuesday. Shipping a cable overnight and not even asking for the incorrect cable to be returned is simply fantastic customer service. I really think you should give BikeMP3 another chance.

The problem I am facing is trying to find install instructions. The radio came with a small booklet that explained how to use the CB radio controls and the requisite FCC data. There were no installation instructions. I'm trying to use the GL2Way instructions. It would be nice if there were photos and more detailed instructions. But I am happy with BikeMP3.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
I ordered my Evolution the day after they started shipping. I received mine yesterday. When I checked the package, I I discovered that I received the cable for a Kenwood FRS instead of the requested Motorola GMRS. Before going to bed, around 10 PM, I sent Pete an email explaining the problem and asking how to resolve it. This was 1:00 AM in Florida, where Pete is. Within 15 minutes, I had a response. Pete couldn't do anything until Monday, but he promised the correct cable on Tuesday. Shipping a cable overnight and not even asking for the incorrect cable to be returned is simply fantastic customer service. I really think you should give BikeMP3 another chance.

The problem I am facing is trying to find install instructions. The radio came with a small booklet that explained how to use the CB radio controls and the requisite FCC data. There were no installation instructions. I'm trying to use the GL2Way instructions. It would be nice if there were photos and more detailed instructions. But I am happy with BikeMP3.
Good point on the instructions and I am glad you raised it

If you look on the bag containing the main cable you will have a sticker that tells you for detailed model install instructions to visit http://www.evolutioncbradio.com where you will find model specific instructions, the reason we do this other than to save a few trees is that we often change things or want to pass on product update and troubleshooting information that if we included it with the unit form day one we would be forever junking paper.

The site should be live at some point tonight

FYI cannot take too much credit for relying so late in the day I am in Nevada overseeing the project at the moment.

On this site you can also order a power filter that will be sent free of charge to users who may get some rare alternator noise as we did with the GL2WAY but the majority of you will not require it so to save the waste of including it with every unit and thus increasing costs to our customers its available there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
any more updates on this unit? and is it really just a plug and play set up? I heard the oem model required you to pull off all kinds of Tupperware to get to it?

·
Registered
805 Posts
any more updates on this unit? and is it really just a plug and play set up? I heard the oem model required you to pull off all kinds of Tupperware to get to it?
That is completely incorrect. There is some misinformation floating around, but with some research you will find the correct instructions. You do not need to remove any tupperware. If you already have a CB antenna installed, it gets much easier. All you need to do is open the door at the trunk bottom to access the electronics bay. The CB goes in at the bottom. There are several threads explaining how to install the CB antenna, so just search the site for "CB Antenna" and you will get a bunch of hits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts