GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest version Bike MP3 player. Just burned new SD card using the J&M MP3 software. Inserted card into player, powered up, worked fine!

Problem is, the player may or may not work after the bike is shut down and re-started.

I tried a couple of times to switch from CD to FM radio, then back to CD, and it worked once or twice, but finally quit.

My bike is a 2001 model.

Has anyone else experienced this, and/or is there a solution to this problem?

Many thanks!

Jim O'Dowd

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
When you say worked

Do you mean you could not select CD

Or

CD came on the screen but no music

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike MP3 issue

When you say worked

Do you mean you could not select CD

Or

CD came on the screen but no music
Pete,

Thanks for responding. When I said it worked, I mean the music played and I was able to change tracks as desired...everything worked normally.

When I said it quit or would not work,I mean I saw the CD logo on the screen, but no music and my attempts to change tracks were fruitless. I think the display showed CD8, track 99, FWIW.

I have had similar performance from this device since installing it. When it works, it works great. Problem is, it is finicky, and has a mind of it's own, and sometimes just doesn't wantto work at all.

Thanks for your help,

Jim

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
OK if you are able to select CD with the logo on the screen then the issue is not the device the code CD8 T99 indicates that the unit can read the card but cannot find music on the card this means that you will need to check your loading

If you have a nav bike then 6 folder and if non nav then 9 folders

Folders must be called CD1 CD2 CD3 etc etc upper case letters NO GAP NO ZERO

No music in the root only in the folders

Only WMA and MP3 files NO ALBUM art

The software you are using is for the old type J&M player we only officially support the use of windows explorer (MY COMPUTER) for loading, I think the software has loaded with music in the root and incorrect folder names most likely CD01 CD02 etc etc or you have files other than MP3 or WMA

There is a new version of that software available it seems to work but I have never tried it

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MP3 load issue

Pete,

Thanks again for your help. You were correct, it was a bad load issue, nothing wrong with the player. Somehow, the software (on it's own) created nine more folders on the card, labeled as CD01, 02, etc. I cleaned the card and started over. The software created new folders, 01, 02, etc. I went back and renamed the folders to CD1, 2, etc. and now everything works great.

Best regards,

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts