GL1800Riders Forums banner

Bike MP3 Player

2K views 24 replies 24 participants last post by  KJ5IX 
#1 ·
I tried doing a search, but it just said "sorry, no matches found," so I decided to go ahead and start a thread. I would appreciate anyone's experiences with the Bike MP3 Player. I am tired of trying to find a way to mount my IPod. I've mounted it on top of the left fairing pocket lid as well as just below the ignition switch. Every time the bike hits a ripple in the road, rough pavement, etc., it skips and goes to a different song. Besides, it's exposed to the weather there.

So, I decided that a new music source was appropriate now, and I want to get away from the Apple thing anyway. I'd appreciate any input on the Bike MP3 player--reliability, audio quality, ease of use, etc. Thanx in advance.

#2 ·
I like mine. I traded up to the latest version over the winter and it works even better. It is an easy instal and Pedro has excellent customer service. I would buy one again. They sound great and it is nice to use the handle bar controls to change volume and tracks.

#3 ·
My experience has been great, a few glitches when it first came out but with great customer support, thats all behind us now.

Ease of use is pretty simple, mimics Honda's CD player controls. Quality is at least as good as the Honda system it runs on.

I'd recommend it to anyone, with the large storage capability on the thumbdrives and flash drives, you can carry an entire library with you.

I do read that some folks with airbags have some problems.

#5 ·
:agree:
I like mine. I traded up to the latest version over the winter and it works even better. It is an easy instal and Pedro has excellent customer service. I would buy one again. They sound great and it is nice to use the handle bar controls to change volume and tracks.

#9 ·
I have the V3 and am on CD6(over 800 songs so far) withoput any real problems. I did have twice when I turned the bike on that it didn't show the cd player, turned the key off and back on no problem. I have never had an issue when riding and my understanding is that the 01-05 Wings could have some issues with the older models.

I have over 1300 songs on an 8 gig SD card with room for lots more. great product don't have to worry about charging an IPOD etc. One of the best things I ever bought for the Wing-I don't need the satellitte radio anymore so it has almost paid for itself.

#10 ·
Yes, the search function is at best a pain but try searching BIKEMP3 (without the space) and you'll find quite alot that you can look at.

My experience with this unit has been good. Pete is a great guy to work with and has the patience of Job if you have problems. If you are an Itunes user, you will have to do some manipulation of the music files but its not that bad once you get the hang of it. I liked it so much I gave up my XM radio and have not regretted it one bit.

The quality of the music is excellent.

#12 ·
Every time the bike hits a ripple in the road, rough pavement, etc., it skips and goes to a different song.
The iPod on my iPhone did that too. I hit a bad stretch of pavement on I-40 between Memphis and Little Rock and the songs were changing every few seconds. The iPod has a setting called "Shake to Shuffle" and I'll bet it's turned ON. Change that to OFF in your iPod settings and this problem will go away. Of course, it won't change the other issues you have with the unit.

I originally installed the BikeMP3 version 2 and had problems with it locking up, but upgrading to the version 3 has solved those issues. It now does everything it's suppose to. I really like being able to control the unit from the handle bars.

#13 ·
I too would buy it again.

A good toy.

the only drawback for me is it does not shuffle play.... but that is not a big deal.

#14 ·
Don't wait just buy it.

Had version 1, worked great for me. Lockup sometimes, just power off and on and good to go again. Upgraded to version 3. No problems at all. I carry a little case with eight 8 gig SD cards in it. Lots of choice for music, several recorded books. I really love it. Have recommended it to several friends and even helped them install.

#15 ·
I just installed the Phillips Songbird. A journey through hell. Somehow, I managed to get my songs downloaded into the gadget. Just got off my bike. Had to go listen for a few. Sounds great. Not sure I can remember how I downloaded the songs. Hope I like the songs I have cause I'm gonna be listening to them for a long, long time.

#16 ·
I had two of the earlier version. Liked them fine, but they did hang up occassionally since I have pre 2006 Wings. I upgraded to two of the newest version in December and they have performed flawlessly.:thumbup:
The way to go for me.

#20 ·
i have the v3 and also got the software, the unit works great and the software makes loading music so simple, i like that as soon as i ordered the player they sent me the password to down load the software, i had a 4gig card full of music ready to go when the unit arrived, great product.:thumbup:

#21 ·
I just removed my cd changer and installed the bikemp3 v-3 on my '05 two weeks ago, and so far no problems at all. I purchased it and the software from wingstuff and loading songs are a breeze with the software. I was able to get 10 cd folders with 99 songs in each folder with no issues so far. I love it.

#22 ·
I have a MP3 on my Garmin 550 and an Ipod in the left pocket. Been thinking about the Bike MP3 because you can flip to the next track via hand controls. CDs have become almost obsolete on a bike as in the home.

#24 ·
i just installed the phillips songbird. A journey through hell. Somehow, i managed to get my songs downloaded into the gadget. Just got off my bike. Had to go listen for a few. Sounds great. Not sure i can remember how i downloaded the songs. Hope i like the songs i have cause i'm gonna be listening to them for a long, long time.

??

Ag Gl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.