GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Bike MP3 setup that allows my IPhone to ring through my helmet, allowing me to answer and talk through my helmet mic. Initially it worked as it should but now will ring and I can answer and hear the caller but they cannot hear me. Any idea what's wrong? My CB radio works fine.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
I installed the Bike MP3 setup that allows my IPhone to ring through my helmet, allowing me to answer and talk through my helmet mic. Initially it worked as it should but now will ring and I can answer and hear the caller but they cannot hear me. Any idea what's wrong? My CB radio works fine.
Common problem. Never had any luck with mine, gave up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Check the wires on the mic splitter that you had to install under the left pocket. I had one pull out of the crimp. Seems as I remember it being a black wire. Soldered it back in and all is good.
Also try arrange a bit of strain relief on those wires if you can with a couple zippy ties :lol:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I have tried several bluetooth products and have had similar problems with them all.
The only truly reliable phone connection I ever had was when it was hardwired into my stock com system.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the wires on the mic splitter that you had to install under the left pocket. I had one pull out of the crimp. Seems as I remember it being a black wire. Soldered it back in and all is good.
Also try arrange a bit of strain relief on those wires if you can with a couple zippy ties :lol:

This sounds most likely. When I initially installed it I had a problem getting things to work and discovered one of the couplers had the wires and pins in the wrong configuration. I sent it back and they moved things into the proper location. It worked properly for a short time but as I recall, I really had to cram things in the small area under the pocket. Something must have pulled loose.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
:agree::agree:dont need no dang wires hanging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts