Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Goldwingers and all bike riders!

It's that time of year! Bike Night will be every Thursday evening at the
Jumboland Diner and Ice Cream stand on Route 206 in Culver's Lake,
beginning about 5 pm.
Hope to see a bunch of you there.

For those not in the loop, Bike night USED to be at the Chatterbox.
But the Chatterbox closed for good this past Labor Day.
Bike Night has now been moved to The Jumboland Diner, about
3 miles north of the old chatterbox.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
There is also a "BIKE NITE" starting @ the "Rattlesnake Ranch" on Rt 53 in Denville area on weds nite, this is what I heard.
Hooters in Wayne NJ @ the Willowbrook Mall/ Rt 23 is on Tues, I believe the food discount is 20% ...this should start up by the 1st week of May..I will confirm this ASAP.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Offcenter, do you know why Chatterbox closed? Went there about 4 years ago on a GWRRA Chapter (PA-Y) group ride and it was great food, great atmosphere, and great service.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
C-Box was sold, Don retired, property is going to be a Wa Wa gas pumper & convienence store.
Q-ck opened a new store across from from the C-box on Rt 206, it's the "war of the gas pumpers":surprise::frown2::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Actually no guarantee that a Wawa will ever be built there. Even though the town approved the construction a year ago they are still waiting on the state to approve the driveway application for entry/exit onto US-206 and 15.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Actually no guarantee that a Wawa will ever be built there. Even though the town approved the construction a year ago they are still waiting on the state to approve the driveway application for entry/exit onto US-206 and 15.

Martin
where did you get this info from?? are you connected w/ the state somewhere along the lines??
Don sold the property, so obviously some corp. is paying the taxes while the property sits idle, according to the locals WaWa is the owner..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Martin
where did you get this info from?? are you connected w/ the state somewhere along the lines??
Don sold the property, so obviously some corp. is paying the taxes while the property sits idle, according to the locals WaWa is the owner..
Oh come on Pat, you know I'm a personal friend of our buddy Phil "The Toothman" Murphy :grin2::surprise:

I found it here:
https://www.nj.com/sussex-county/2019/03/rural-nj-county-just-got-its-2nd-wawa-approved-even-though-its-still-waiting-on-the-1st.html

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Reactions: trewm

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A few weeks ago, I heard that the deal with Wawa fell through.
I guess only time will tell.
At least Bike Night has a new home not far away at the Jumboland Diner.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is also a "BIKE NITE" starting @ the "Rattlesnake Ranch" on Rt 53 in Denville area on weds nite, this is what I heard.
Hooters in Wayne NJ @ the Willowbrook Mall/ Rt 23 is on Tues, I believe the food discount is 20% ...this should start up by the 1st week of May..I will confirm this ASAP.

Thanks for the updates on those.
I'm sure those will be good for people who live in those areas.

But I would not even consider riding to either of
them in New Jersey rush hour traffic, on major highways. From where I am near Lake Hopatcong, there are really no back roads that lead to either of them. It's Route 80 or Route 46.
Not what I call fun riding.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
A few weeks ago, I heard that the deal with Wawa fell through.
I guess only time will tell.
At least Bike Night has a new home not far away at the Jumboland Diner.

we haven't been to Jumboland Bike Nite yet, but, if I'm in the area I'll stop by.:wink2:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks for the updates on those.
I'm sure those will be good for people who live in those areas.

But I would not even consider riding to either of
them in New Jersey rush hour traffic, on major highways. From where I am near Lake Hopatcong, there are really no back roads that lead to either of them. It's Route 80 or Route 46.
Not what I call fun riding.
I can get you to Denville from Lake Hopatcong without touching 80 or 46.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last night was a cold and rather miserable night for Bike Night.
But there were still about nine of us who showed up there.
The owner of Jumboland, Tommy, was so glad to see us that
he didn't charge us for dinner! He is really looking forward
to having the large groups show up there for Bike Night
on Thursdays.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
To All
Hooters Bike Nite in Wayne on Rt 23 /Pompton Ave w/ start this coming tues, all brands are welcome, 20% off all food.
6pm till 10pm..

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
To All
Hooters Bike Nite in Wayne on Rt 23 /Pompton Ave w/ start this coming tues, all brands are welcome, 20% off all food.
6pm till 10pm..
Your post brought back many memories of my youth and surrounding area. I lived in West Milford NJ from the age of 10 until I went into the Navy at 18.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts