GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
26,000 miles on bike. Tires look ok (7,500 on front & 3,500 on rear), It is pulling hard right (like a car out of alignment). Regardless of road grade or wind condition. And bike is evenly loaded.

Other than a bad tire, what else could cause this? Taking bike to shop in few days, but would appreciate any feedback based on actual experience.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bridgestone Driveguard put on rear 3,500 miles ago. Previously had Snow Ctl on rear. oem Bridgestone on front

26,000 miles on bike. Tires look ok (7,500 on front & 3,500 on rear), It is pulling hard right (like a car out of alignment). Regardless of road grade or wind condition. And bike is evenly loaded.

Other than a bad tire, what else could cause this? Taking bike to shop in few days, but would appreciate any feedback based on actual experience.

·
Registered
18,480 Posts
Loose Tie Rod will create a wobble on the 2018-2020. I would then think pulling to the right could be the tires

·
Registered
67 Posts
Brake pad drag on one side of front will cause that same behavior. Have not seen a rear brake pad dragging cause that... Just a thought.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loose Tie Rod will create a wobble on the 2018-2020. I would then think pulling to the right could be the tires
No wobble, no vibration, bike steady as a rock other than pulling right

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you're still running dark side, I'd start there.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

Forks out of alignment with the triple tees may cause this.
Simple remedy. .

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
well spotted. But I dont usually dig deep and check out the op;s bio.
OK. Front end out of alignment.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Warranty work needed

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had a similar problem on a 2014 1800 I had purchased used. It pulled to the right but not strongly. If I had taken my hands off the bars for 2-3 seconds it would have put me in the ditch. A new set of tires fixed it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Flux capacitor or muffler bearings going out. j/k.. call and talk to dealer and maybe they can help out in some way that’s not gonna cost you an arm and leg

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Check the bearings on the swing arm. A loose, out of alignment swing arm can move you around like that.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Make sure you’re not carrying 20 pounds of tool in the right hand bag. I carry my tools on the left side to cancel out pulling due to crown in road.

·
Registered
16,368 Posts
Johnny-5 need input! When did this start? Was there any service done just before this started? Any impacts of note before it started, like a big pot hole?

prs

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Johnny-5 need input! When did this start? Was there any service done just before this started? Any impacts of note before it started, like a big pot hole?

prs
New tire 3,500 miles ago last service done. Bike has always pulled slightly right since new. I dropped bike (standing still) on left side few weeks ago, and I think severe pulling to right might have started subsequently, now that I think of it. Maybe the drop did something to front end align via handle bar pressure?

·
Registered
16,368 Posts
New tire 3,500 miles ago last service done. Bike has always pulled slightly right since new. I dropped bike (standing still) on left side few weeks ago, and I think severe pulling to right might have started subsequently, now that I think of it. Maybe the drop did something to front end align via handle bar pressure?
You may be on right track there. It should be a rather simple simple adjustment of the handle bar section to the central "wishbone" section using two of the alignment pins. I believe Max McCallister shows the procedure on one of his YouTubes. I hope it is that easy. Now, will your local shop possess the two alignment pins? LOL

prs

1 - 20 of 53 Posts