GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, I had posted about my wing pulling to the right. Someone replied with information on how to loosen up the front end, and re-align the forks. I can't find that thread for the life of me. It was before we moved to the new forum format.

I just had a new tire put on, and asked the dealer to take a look at why it might be pulling right. Of course, they didn't find anything.

It pulls hard enough that I need to keep constant pressure on the bars to keep it tracking straight. I can't ride hands off for even 2-3 seconds without having to straighten it back out.

I checked to see if it was maybe just the roadway being crowned, but it isn't. It tracks offline regardless of the road.

Does anyone remember that post? Now that I have time, I may tear it apart and try to straighten it out.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
is the weight in the saddle bags distributed the same

R

·
0 Posts
My wing tends to pull to the left if I forget to put my 45 caliber handgun on my right. :lol:

·
Registered
855 Posts
what was your final solution?

That's it!!!! Thanks...but...dang...the other threads inside that thread don't appear to be any good any more...pewp...
Just curious. A similar problem was one of the reasons I traded my ST1300 for a new wing. I can't get those other threads to work. Enlighten us, please. :popcorn:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts