GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just booked my cabin for my trip down to Tennesse this June and was wondering if anyone knows of a place that rents bikes down near Severville/Pidgeon Forge area, the wife wont follow me in the car with the kids so I cant take the wing down but must ride the Dragon while I'm there.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
WOW, I am shocked!! Its far and few in between that I have seen some place that will rent Goldwings.... :(

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
There is a place in Pigeon Forge that rents Harleys. All models of them.

I was there three years ago but did not rent one. I remember he had them all parked out in front so you cannot miss the place.

Ross

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I've heard good reports on the Knoxville Harley dealership on Loval Road, and on Eagle Rider(both the one at Kodak that rents Goldwings and the one on the West end of town that rents Harleys). This is from students that I've had that rented on the weekends. They were impressed with the service, the bikes, but mainly our roads! I would suggest calling NOW to reserve, though. Don't restrict yourself to the Dragon. It's a blast, but only 11 of our thousands and thousands of miles of great roads in this area of the country.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have been through their shop but have never rented. They had a goldwing and a ST on the floor along with several others, mostly cruiser style bikes. Definitely make your reservations soon. When I was checking on a bike for my brother they said the summer months book quickly.

Makes you wonder that if one had the $$ to spare, buy a couple high mile GWs and keep try to keep them rented.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
great roads

the road between gatlinburg and cherokee is a must ride,30 miles of mt curves and great views,the wife and i were married in gatlinburg,great place.OLE YWLLER MBG PA

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rentals

I was by Eagleriders of Knoxville 2 weeks ago and the building was empty (of course they may have moved to a new location). Knoxville Harley rents bikes and are great to work with. I rented a Road Glide last summer when I was thinking about getting another Harley. I only wanted it for a day ride so they even took some off the price (its a normal 24 hour rental). Smokey Mountain Adventures (Honda dealer) right off the exit to Peigon forge rented Wings a few years ago but I don't know if they do that anymore. they do has a rental place there (across the parking lot) but I'm not sure what they rent..Harley's I think).

Gary

Guess I need to change my log in....the Wing is gone and I'm back on a ST1300

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info I checked with Eagle Riders in Kodak which is seems closer to Pigeon Forge than knoxville so I will probably rent from them I just wish they rented sport bikes....

·
Registered
152 Posts
I thought the big Honda shop at the Sevierville exit on the interstate does. They did several years ago cause that's where I rode my first 1800.

Mountain Adventures
3422 Adventure Ln
Kodak, TN 37764-1973
(865)932-7433
Internet Manager:
Morgan Everett Map & Directions
Sales Hours:
Mon Closed
Tue-Fri 10:00AM-6:00PM
Sat 9:00AM-5:00PM
Sun Closed
View more hours

G

·
You might want to try Smoky Mountain HD in Maryville, TN, which is closer to the Dragon than Knoxville. Here's a link to their web site. http://www.smokymountainh-d.com/ They have a rental program.

I stopped there last year while on a ride through the Smokies. It's one of the most attractive and well-run dealerships I've been to, and it's facility includes its own outdoor concert and BBQ venue. Seriously.

The HD sales guys couldn't have been nicer, even though I rolled up on a 'Wing. They gave us bottles of cool water, asked all about the bike, where we were from, the route we were taking, etc, and gave advice on avoiding nearby road construction. Very, very nice people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts