GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before, but could not fine nothing on search........... My friends 05 wing has so much noise coming thru headsets and microphone on his FRS, it even bothers me receiving him on transmit of FRS.............

When you peck or hit any part of bike, especially top shelter, man it resonates thru whole audio system..........,,,, my 02 has no noise whatsoever............... any solutions,,,,,,,,, Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Don't have any answers for you Bob but I am watching this thread. The microphonics on my '05 are terrible also. My '03 didn't have the problem.

Only possible solution I have heard about is replacemnet of the audio unit.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The audio unit acting like a microphone is a known problem with the '01 to '05 models. About the only "solution" I can suggest is to reduce the intercom volume and increase the FRS volume to compensate. When I'm using my FRS, I have the FRS volume at about 3/4 and the intercom volume at 8 or 9. I'm using Kennedy's FRSet and an Icom FRS, and it works fine.

Arthur
'03 candy orange

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kennedy also has a vox set that will shut off the mic for the intercom that will take care of 95% of the noise. I've got an 04 with the frs set up and that is the only thing that worked.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
If it's like mine and a lot of other people. It will come and go, just learn to live with it is my suggestion. Mine has done it 4 times, I don't like it ! But can't do anything about it, so I just flow with it, Per my bud in Woodbourne............ :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts