GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to the Villages in Florida from Maryland and have decided to ship my bike there for the winter. Does anyone have a shipper they have used and would recommend? I've had quotes from $450 to $1,000.

Thanks,

Major

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm heading to the Villages in Florida from Maryland and have decided to ship my bike there for the winter. Does anyone have a shipper they have used and would recommend? I've had quotes from $450 to $1,000.

Thanks,

Major
Check on Amtrak auto train.
You ride in passenger area bike rides in the auto section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

Thanks,

Major

You're on a Goldwing. Ride it there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A purchaser from Houston had this hauler pick up the bike I sold him (Fairfax, VA). I added the guy to my contact list for future use if I needed a shipper.

He's one-man show, and a hard worker -- busting his tail to do well. Obviously quite experienced, and seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Good pricing, too. Of course, I forgot to write down his name, but his number is 888-818-3927.

·
Vendor
19,446 Posts

Thanks,

Major
I recommend Keyboard m/c shippers.

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
235 Posts
I've used Federal and been very happy with them. If you are an AMA member you can get a discount.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everyone who responded, very much appreciated. I wound up going with haul bikes. I would have ridden the bike to Florida, but I was already driving my car and didn't want to trailer it. Maybe next time.

Major

1 - 13 of 13 Posts