GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I own a Goldwing DCT Tour and I am living in Thailand. I bought the bike locally.

I use Apple CarPlay with iPhone 11 Pro Max and every single time I connect the phone to the bike it ask me if I want to enable CarPlay. I click “always enable” but it will ask me over and over every single time I reconnect the phone. It’s quite annoying especially on long trip where I do that many times a day. And sometimes I also have a very bad Bluetooth connection with my Sena 20S. So I need to stop, turn off everything, reconnect, click always enable etc.

I am using an original apple cable with my phone. I’ve tried few of them. Same problem. I’ve reset Apple car play on the bike, same problem. I’ve reset the phone, the Sena and everything I can think of and same problem.

I’ve been to the local dealership to ask them to get the latest update for the bike as it is running on the original software. I think updating the bike will solve the problems.

They have no clue, told me they need to get a USB key from Japan but it’s been 7 months already and after 4 visits there, couple of phone calls, i have no hope. Maybe they are writing the software by themselves, who knows...

I’ve contacted Honda Thailand, they told me they will check and come back to me and they never did of course. Quite frustrating as I am on my own to solve this problem.

Our bike software in Thailand is the ROW version (Rest Of the World version). Update from Honda website Eu or US can’t be installed, I’ve tried.

Does anyone have the latest HG.ROW version that I can download?

Thanks.

JC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had exactly same thing when I bought my DCT. It drove me nuts! You MUST upgrade your bikes firmware including the GPS. After I did that it got a lot better. It still miss behaving once in a while, but most of the time it stays connected to the bike. Also update your Sena 20. Otherwise it looses the connection way too often. I had to replace my Sena 20 EVO for a Sena 50S mesh. The jury is still out. But so far it’s been working OK.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sena has been updated already and it’s better but still not perfect. Good to hear I’m not alone with this problem at least!

We don’t have gps on our bikes in Thailand. That’s why my only options now is google map with CarPlay.

However I still can’t find the last version of the software for my bike (ROW version) so hopefully someone here can help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If everything else fails try to find a quick disconnect option for your Apple cord and not the port on your phone. Thus you won’t wear out the port on your phone. Ask me how I know😢

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s a good advice. Still very annoying especially when I have my luggage in the trunk, gloves on etc.
Shouldn’t be that difficult to get a software update! At least Honda could upload all the different versions of the update on their website. Then we will be able to choose the one for the country we live in. The ROW software is probably used in many countries but I have no idea where.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve tried already, the software on Honda website is the hg.ACM.xxx version and can’t be installed on my bike. I’ve also tried to download the EU one, same problem. I need the hg.ROW.xxx. which is probably the version without GPS and so far no luck to find it online.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know you are an apple user, are you willing to switch to android auto, for the bike? I am asking becuase I think Thailand, UK and South African bikes seem to have the same software's, etc. We also do not get the nav. I can say that if you can get the android auto update, you will not have those problems, and the features of android and apple are the same. just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know you are an apple user, are you willing to switch to android auto, for the bike? I am asking becuase I think Thailand, UK and South African bikes seem to have the same software's, etc. We also do not get the nav. I can say that if you can get the android auto update, you will not have those problems, and the features of android and apple are the same. just a thought.

Actually I bought an iPhone because of this bike! I don’t mind using iPhone or Android as long as I have the GPS. I do need it in Thailand.

Did you update your bike by yourself or
at the dealership? If you can check if the software of your bike is ROW when you have time it will be great.

·
Registered
104 Posts
here it is. I was just wondering if our software is compatible with your bike, because the specs seem identical, maybe you can ask Honda Thailand to get Honda SA to email the file to you. If I had a hard copy of the file I would email it to you. No harm in trying and you can't "hurt" the bike by trying. I once tried to download the American released software, and all the bike said was it's not compatible. If you hit another dead end, I can try and ask Honda SA to email me the file. Also no harm in asking, it's the least I can do to try and alleviate your frustrations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here it is. I was just wondering if our software is compatible with your bike, because the specs seem identical, maybe you can ask Honda Thailand to get Honda SA to email the file to you. If I had a hard copy of the file I would email it to you. No harm in trying and you can't "hurt" the bike by trying. I once tried to download the American released software, and all the bike said was it's not compatible. If you hit another dead end, I can try and ask Honda SA to email me the file. Also no harm in asking, it's the least I can do to try and alleviate your frustrations.

Thanks!!

So we have the same software in SA and Thailand and yes it should work on my bike, both are ROW.

Honda Thailand should be able to get it of course and I’ve tried for 7 months to get them to ask it from Honda Japan.

Let’s say they are not trying hard and I am not even sure they have requested it...

If you have a good relationship with a dealer maybe you can give me their contact information? I can try to ask them.

I’d love to ride to South Africa to get an update but without GPS I might get lost.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks!!

So we have the same software in SA and Thailand and yes it should work on my bike, both are ROW.

Honda Thailand should be able to get it of course and I’ve tried for 7 months to get them to ask it from Honda Japan.

Let’s say they are not trying hard and I am not even sure they have requested it...

If you have a good relationship with a dealer maybe you can give me their contact information? I can try to ask them.

I’d love to ride to South Africa to get an update but without GPS I might get lost.

I am going to what's up the guy that loaded my software tomorrow for you. I don't know him personally, but I will do some begging on your behalf. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to what's up the guy that loaded my software tomorrow for you. I don't know him personally, but I will do some begging on your behalf. fingers crossed.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Zunaid and JC, greetings from Australia.

I have the exact same issue and the bike is running the same 2018 software even though it's a 2019 bike. CarPlay does work but is just too painful with all those restarts.

The dealer here is not interested, just keeps saying there's no update available. The only reason I go back there is to keep the bike up-to-date.

JC, I too believe the SA Android Auto version would work for us. We all have the same feature set - metric units and no GPS maps.

Zunaid, I would love to get my hands on that new version. I know JC and I and others in this part of the world would be extremely grateful if that actual file was to appear somehow. I would be happy to pay for someone's trouble if needed.

Nice bike (and a lovely location) JC. Mine is the exact same colour!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This color is nice isnt it? It was the only one available in Thailand for a DCT Tour.😁

So at least now we know, the ROW version is for South Africa, Thailand, Australia, Turkey (found one guy there who has the same version and looking for update too).
And probably New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia and some more countries from the Rest Of the World that doesn't matter much to Honda.

Let's see if Zunaid can get us some help with a SA dealer.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts