GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is looking for a rock solid bike stand to do maintainence on their Wing, check out http://www.pepsx.com This fellow (Dan) is a member of the VTX BBS and he's a stand up guy and great to do business with. I bought a stand from him over a year ago and thought maybe some on the GW board would be interested.

Disclaimer:

I am in no way affiliated to his business or him. Just trying to pass on a great tool for those who are interested. 8)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The site shows plenty of VTXs, but no Wings on the stand. Anyone out there have one and how does it fit the Wing?

Dep

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dep said:
The site shows plenty of VTXs, but no Wings on the stand. Anyone out there have one and how does it fit the Wing?

Dep

I use mine on my VTX as well as my Wing, no problems at all. I had my Wing on it today.
It's safer than leaving it on the Hydraulic Jack to do routine maint. Jack the bike up via the Hyd. Jack raise the kickstand slip Pepsx stand in from the sidestand side. then lower the hyd. jack and remove it out of your way. Rock Solid to say the least. 8)

Hope this helps clarify any questions you might have had about fitting/use with the Gold Wing. 8)

He's a VTX rider that's why you don't see any Wings on the site.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also have a PEPSX stand. I havn't tried to use it yet, but I plan to. I don't see any reason why it won't work with a wing.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I, too, have Dan's bike stand having used it with my VTX 1300. It is rock solid. My Wing is new to me and so I have not yet tried it on the stand.

You may want to use the following info to help you. It comes complete with photos and testimonials. I also have the Craftsman jack (see the following) and PepsX's stand is far more solid than the jack. If you will look at the following, I think it will make sense.

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... 358763e285

I highly recommend Dan Peppers's bike stand. Good post Wes.

Todd

·
Registered
142 Posts
I too bought the pepsx stand in Aug, 2005 and used it to change out the skins on my VTX1800. It is rock solid. It is also worth every penny. I bought my Wing last month and knew I would have to keep the stand. The owner, Dan, is in the Houston area and enjoys an excellent reputation on the Texas X Riders board and the national VTX owners board. Many have commented they used it for the Wing and it fit just fine. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
For those that have this stand, I'm happy that you're happy. However, this stand costs more than my Sears lift did! Can't see how it would be any more stable once you've locked the hydraulic jack in place, unless you've got an unstable jack. It still uses two rails to set the bike on, same as my jack.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Thanks Wes and the rest of the group for answering my question.

Dep

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wanderer said:
For those that have this stand, I'm happy that you're happy. However, this stand costs more than my Sears lift did! Can't see how it would be any more stable once you've locked the hydraulic jack in place, unless you've got an unstable jack. It still uses two rails to set the bike on, same as my jack.
The fact that the jack has the pivot points make sit unstable.....even when the jack is locked. The Pepsx stand is rock solid.

However....I have not had the Wing on it yet. I have used it for the VTX.

I would love to see pictures of the Wing on the Pepsx stand.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wanderer said:
I used this stand to do maintenance on my VTX1300. I have a Lorin Jack that I used to jack the bike then slid the stand under the bike and lowered the bike on to the stand. The bike on this stand was much more stable than the jack ever was. My wife and I (400+ lbs) could sit on the bike while on the stand. I would have never have tried that while up the bike was on the jack. :)

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
What is clearance width of the PepsX stand? It looks like a good way to keep your bike in the air, but from the pictures I’m not sure the jack I have will fit inside the stand. Can someone measure the inside dimension of the stand for me?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All Boots No Saddle said:
What is clearance width of the PepsX stand? It looks like a good way to keep your bike in the air, but from the pictures I’m not sure the jack I have will fit inside the stand. Can someone measure the inside dimension of the stand for me?

13" H
22 1/2" W/OD
20" W/ID
21"L

My jack is 18 1/2" w
Works well on my Wing, Had it on the stand yesturday. 8)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Call Me Hulk

Hey Guys,
Whats with all this talk about jacks? I just pick up the rear end of the Wing and slide a milk crate under it with my foot.
Git er dun... :wink:

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Big Wes said:
[quote="All Boots No Saddle":6m50rlhd]What is clearance width of the PepsX stand? It looks like a good way to keep your bike in the air, but from the pictures I’m not sure the jack I have will fit inside the stand. Can someone measure the inside dimension of the stand for me?
13" H
22 1/2" W/OD
20" W/ID
21"L

My jack is 18 1/2" w
Works well on my Wing, Had it on the stand yesturday. 8)
[/quote:6m50rlhd]
Hmmm... at the wheels on my aluminum m/c jack it measures 20" wide, so if there is any clearance it would be a tight fit.

Thanks for making that measurment for me.

-Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts