GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The women at the courthouse said the 1500 gl had a salvidged title.I do not know what that means.I asked if it had a clear title and she said it did.Does anyone know what salvidged title means? The guy at the gas and go said it was not the original owner. the bike realy rides nice.BUMPER

·
Registered
91 Posts
It has been in a wreck, flood, or maybe stolen, stripped and rebuilt. You can get a salvaged title after the work is done. It may affect your insurance or when you resell the motorcycle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check with your ins. company sometimes it to your benifit and sometimes its not. I do agree that at one time the bike was written off and then rebuilt

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I thought Florida did not register salvaged title vehicles??

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
The women at the courthouse said the 1500 gl had a salvidged title.I do not know what that means.I asked if it had a clear title and she said it did.Does anyone know what salvidged title means? The guy at the gas and go said it was not the original owner. the bike realy rides nice.BUMPER
You must have misunderstood what she said!! I bet she said it had a savage title. That means it is a wild ride!!!:thumbup:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
no, it was a scavaged title

they went trailer to trailer and found motorcycle parts and built this one

·
Registered
336 Posts
Title

Being in the auto collision repair business for several years, to us the salvage title would mean, on a car, retail value would be approx. half of what is shown in either KBB or NADA. This would be after repairswere completed properly. Sometimes salvage titles are issued for very minor reasons, ie, the vehicle is stolen, insurance pays the victem of the theft, then the vehicle is recovered, and may not have sustained significant damage, In Missouri, the vehicle would be permently branded with a "Salvage Title". Might be a great vehicle, but resale value is lessened. Hope this helps, kruz ez, Dave

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I am a car buyer for a large dealership in Madison, WI. A salvage title will be issued in the state of WI for: wrecked and rebuilt ( usually major damage) theft that was eventually recovered and flood. Most times the vehicles have major problems down the road.

However, if you know what was the problem was and what was done to correct it, you may have a really good deal. I would recommend that you try to find out the history of the bike in question. If the seller did not inform you that it was a salvage title, you may have recourse against them. I would recommend that you contact the enforcement division of you motor vehicle department.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Bumper, you know that a salvaged title is one that has been rescued from the dumpser at the Gas and Go.....

What were you doing at the Courthouse? Checking in with the Parole Officer? I thought you were on work release.......

Been a while, Bumper. Welcome back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts