GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leading 4 Harleys on a trip to the Smokies in June. I have a CB on my Goldwing and another rider has an Ultra Classic with a CB so we are set to go with communication and MP3 music that interfaces through our helmets.

Is anyone aware of some type of FRS radio for all five of us or some type of CB radio that has MP3 capability to listen to music on the road and be able to communicate with the other three riders on the long journey from Central Texas??

I know there are some things out there but they start getting a little pricey. I was trying to keep the cost at less than $300 each.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,733 Posts
hand gestures have worked well for me all these years. I don't see a need for the conversation, unless someone needs to stop. Maybe you could just refresh the standard hand signals and save some cash.

My favorite communication by hand is the middle finger. Oh, that and I need food. :p

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
www.claysradioshop.com look under motorcycle radio J/M makes something that is easy to install and meets your $300.00 budget, like some have said hand signals work but you can not listen to tunes that way.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just installed the J&M CB on my Magna.

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=24

The CB and MP3 input work great. I can't get the weather channels to work, and J&M would exchange the unit if I wanted to, but I don't care about those channels. The CB on my wing had them and they were of no real value. I still have the helmet from by Gold Wing days so I already had the headset installed.

It is a very nice, compact unit that is engineered very well. The install was not too difficult. The unit is easy to operate and the audio is very clear with lots of volume.

It is not the least expensive unit available, but it is top of the line. I can 100% recommend it, for whatever that is worth!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
FRS, GMRS and CB are NOT compatible... It will not work.

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess there's o such thing as a CB radio with MP3 capabilities or a similar FRS radio with MP3 capability.

I would think I could plug that into my aux jack and get the radio and headset for the other riders and be set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts