GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all i have done a search for this question.
I have a 2005 wing without a cb radio and no headssets at this time.
my wife rides a 1997 hd dyna glide convertable no sound system at all

I know i am asking for trouble wanting to be able to talk to her while we are on the bikes :22yikes:but she doesnt ride all that well and would make me more at ease if i can make sure everthing is ok without stoping
also talk to my friend that rides a hd full dresser with cb
I was getting ready to buy the bike mp3 cb radio but would like input from all of you guys before spending money and getting wrong components thanks for all the help and info :bow:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The g4 scala rider bike to bike would be your best bet for bike's without cb's.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have Scala Q2 and mine are excellent, too.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I'll put in a 4th vote for Scala Rider. My son and I use them. Works great. Talk on the phone and folks on the other end have no clue I'm riding my bike @ 50mph plus.

Not sure if your considering a Bluetooth solution. These will not communicate with your buddy that has the CB.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Also check out the Sena SMH 10. Very popular unit with the adventure rider boys. Has earbud options and receives ad2p(stereo).
Works great with a cell phone but may not want her to know that. About $250.00 for a pair if you catch a sale. Mr hit.com has great prices and has l other brands as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I have the Scala as well, works well. Not sorry I bought it.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Scala or Chatterbox

·
Banned
208 Posts
The g4 scala rider bike to bike would be your best bet for bike's without cb's.
I use them on my other bikes, they work great.

·
Registered
812 Posts
get the scala

The scala is the way to go. I have mine connected to my Android phone, which also eliminates the need for a GPS, as well as a music system.

It can be used rider to rider (they claim up to 1 mile, but ymmv) or rider to passenger. A phone call will override music and a button reconnects you to your partner. Your partner can also sync theirs with their phone and you can still talk to each other.

My only complaint about them is that they sound a bit "tinny" when listening to music.

Jason

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have a Scala Q2 set for sale. I bought them from another member here. I was wanting to improve on the stock headsets and thought these would plug into the factory Honda harness but don't. I have $125 in the pair and will sell them for that. They aren't new, but are still in the box and it looks great.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Please let me know if the OP is not interested in the headset you have for sale. I'll PM you with some questions just in case. Thanks

I have a Scala Q2 set for sale. I bought them from another member here. I was wanting to improve on the stock headsets and thought these would plug into the factory Honda harness but don't. I have $125 in the pair and will sell them for that. They aren't new, but are still in the box and it looks great.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I 2nd the opinion from Goldfever.... even though it isn't getting alot of love on this forum, the Sena smh-10 works great. I use it the same as you are talking about - - to talk to my SO who isn't a strong rider! It also pairs with the cellphone & I have taken numerous work phone calls & they didn't know I was riding at the time!! Lastly, I originally chose it based on the reviews at webbikeworld.com... it won their comparison tests.
good luck!

·
Registered
73 Posts
My wife rides a M90 Suzuki,she has a j&m cb2003.It works great for us because the other people we ride with already have cb's.It has a plug in for mp3 player.Weather station and of course 40 channel cb

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
this just came out.......... got a set on ebay $99 pr
tested on a 4,000 mile trip they work very well under 80 MPH after that road noise drowns them out but great range they say 1 km but works 3 blocks out of sight
Much better than Scala rider and a fraction of the cost Also bluetooth for your phone as well!!!
about an 8 hour battery life!!!!
Look ma NO wires!!!!!!!!!
can pair up to 6 sets!!!!
I'm now gonna sell all my other comm gear

Motorcycle Bluetooth Multi Interphone headsets 6 riders

This listing is for a set of Bluetooth stereo motorcycle Intercom headsets for up to 6 bikers. This is for 2 headsets, but if you buy more then one set, you can use them together.
This is a new model made by shark.
Model - shklxmbt688il.

The shklxmbt688il is a Bluetooth Class 1 Stereo Headset with long-range Bluetooth Intercom designed specifically for motorcycles. With the shklxmbt688il , you can call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone, listen to stereo music or voice instructions of GPS navigations by Bluetooth wirelessly, and have intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger or up to 5 other motorcycle riders.

Thanks to the latest Bluetooth v2.1 and the advanced digital processing technology (DSP) the shklxmbt688il offers the best sound quality for both incoming and outgoing sound in its class. Also, the easy-to-access and intuitive Jog-Dial button operations make the shklxmbt688il a perfect companion for motorcycles.
Use your mobile phone, SmartPhone, iPhone or MP3 player to listen wireless to Stereo music using the A2DP Bluetooth Stereo Profil support or listen to the voice instructions from your GPS navigation system such as the TomTom Rider, Garmin zumo or any other navgation system with Bluetooth support. If your iPod, MP3 Player or radio doesn't support Bluetooth, you could connect to the headset 3.5mm jack using the audio cable included in the package.

• Use with multiple helmets with mounting kit per helmet
  • Prioritized audio devices e.g. mobile interrupts music
  • Detachable microphone and headset
  • 6 persons Intercom Motorcycle Bluetooth headsets
  • Wireless hands free communication for motorcyclist
  • It can pair "rider to rider" or "rider to pillion".
  • It can pair 5 interphones at a time, and easily switch to any 2 of them.
  • Works with any Bluetooth equipped mobile phone or MP3 Stereo music
  • With 3.5mm audio input, can work with external mediaplay devices, like MP3/portable CD player/IPOD and etc.
  • Plastic + Rubber button, more stable structure, better waterproof performance.
  • 1000 meters Intercom range for drivers and passengers
  • Up to 120km/h speed
  • Up to 7 hours talking time
  • Auto receiving cellphone calls
  • Fits any motorcycle helmet
  • Fully weather protected
  • Wind and noise compensating microphone with super-slim speaker.
  • Safe driving while talking with friend
  • Player stereo music from your mobile phone
  • Can be used as a bluetooth heeadset and a wireless music headset while you not

Spec:
  • RF Output Power: 0 dB
  • Frequency range: 2.45 to 2.479 GHz (DSSS)
  • Battery capacity:NiMh rechargable batteries with 400 mAh each (estimate 7 hours use time)
  • Distance range: 1000 m
  • Frequency Audio response: 30 Hz to 22 KHz
Includes: 2 100% compatible interphone bluetooth headsets and receiver

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bike to Bike

I have both the Scala Q4 and the Sena SMH-10 and prefer the Sena, stereo bluetooth streaming, talk to each rider individually, super easy controls, $239,00 a pair at cyclebots.com, long lasting battery. Just an opinion

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can plug them in if you get the 5 pin Honda to 3.5 mm adapter

·
Registered
582 Posts
Can the Scala Q4 and the Sena SMH-10 communicate to a bike on CB freq? The biggest problem I see if you meet up with some one that has CB you can't talk to the with FRS or one those type of units. Our club will sometimes ride with another club, since we all have CBs it is no problem. If we had FRS on different channels we would be out of luck. JMHO.
RogerB

·
Registered
812 Posts
Can the Scala Q4 and the Sena SMH-10 communicate to a bike on CB freq? The biggest problem I see if you meet up with some one that has CB you can't talk to the with FRS or one those type of units. Our club will sometimes ride with another club, since we all have CBs it is no problem. If we had FRS on different channels we would be out of luck. JMHO.
RogerB
Scala can not natively transmit to CB band. I can't personally speak for the Sena so will leave that to someone else.

Jason

1 - 20 of 33 Posts