GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your GL is getting a little dirty and needs a polish, and you happen to be in Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines....try Ed & Judy's Car Wash on Fields ave. Close by the New Savannah Hotel and Honey Ko's 24hr massage.

100 pesos (about $2.12 USD) will get you no less than 4 guys in matching t-shirts with sponges, foam, chamois', Mother's wax, air hose blow off, paint-brush-dusted-on ArmorAll and tire black (very carefully applied to sidewalls only).

I usually tip the guys 200 pesos which gets it shining in about 15 minutes...

Sorry for the lousy camera phone pic....

· Registered
60 Posts
the philippines

Man i miss the pi. spent many times there in ac at clark before it closed, and down in olongapo, best friend married a young lady from pi, brings back some good memories.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Wash job ...cheap

getting it there ..... Far from cheap

· Registered
687 Posts
wash

PhilippineGL,

Man that must have cost a fortune to get that bike over there. I was stationed in Subic from 84-89 and had a 750 Kawasaki Spectre dresser, and that was a humongous bike back then. I spent many weekends on Fields, Perimeter, and Macarthur but most of it I don't remember for some strange reason, LOL.

The post really disappointed me though, I was expecting some hot little brown skin gals washing the bike, LOL.

· Registered
713 Posts
cherry in pi

· Registered
687 Posts
AC

I just miss the Fire Empire in Angeles City and the 1 peso San Miguels...

The rest is a little foggy also...

What about Nipa Hut, across the road from the Fire Empire, LOL. Some good clean fun there for all, ha ha.

· Registered
2,670 Posts
ArmorAll and tire black (very carefully applied to sidewalls only)
Please .... DO NOT put any tire black on your 'Wing's sidewalls!
If they get wet the product can get on the wrong part of your tires causing a dangerous situation!. Just give your tires a good cleaning to get the crud off!

:eek:4:

Damn good price!

· Registered
871 Posts
"I love you, no sh**! By me drink!"

Had a great time in the PI back in the early 70's. Take $5.00 on liberty, get drunk and everything else, and come back to the ship with change... Whew

Lance

· Registered
5,541 Posts
Now you have me wanting to figure out a way to get my Wing to the PI!

Love it there! We have a nice house in San Fernando, Pampanga we built for my Mother-in-law. Just my brother-in-law and his family living there since Mom passed away last year. I keep trying to convince Leila we should sell everything and retire there (and live like royalty for the rest of our lives!), but for some reason she likes it here in California!

· Registered
637 Posts
"I love you, no sh**! By me drink!"

Had a great time in the PI back in the early 70's. Take $5.00 on liberty, get drunk and everything else, and come back to the ship with change... Whew

Lance
Gotta pay mama-san barfine...or 2 apples, or some shampoo, Hershey bars...pound of bacon will get you a month's "services". 13 2-week TDY's to Clark in 3 years for Cope Thunder...other than 6' of ash, I wonder how much it's changed :shock:

· Registered
3,387 Posts
Back in 75,76 and 77, Fields ave had more to offer than a wash. lol !
Probably still the case too. Got there in early 75 to help assemble "Tent City" and didn't leave till June 77. What a Ride !

Taking the choppers across the Zambales Mts to Subic/Olongapo for fun. I lived in Mountain View just outside the base across MacArthur Hwy, as it was called back then. 40 pesos (5 bux) for a girl for the night, 1 peso San Miguel beer....now the bikes are having their fun too. Way2Go !!!

· Registered
4,936 Posts
For all the time I spent in Subic Bay, I can only remember walking out the gate, then waking up in my rack the next morning. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:twisted:

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PhilippineGL,

Man that must have cost a fortune to get that bike over there. I was stationed in Subic from 84-89 and had a 750 Kawasaki Spectre dresser, and that was a humongous bike back then. I spent many weekends on Fields, Perimeter, and Macarthur but most of it I don't remember for some strange reason, LOL.

The post really disappointed me though, I was expecting some hot little brown skin gals washing the bike, LOL.
Cost me about $22 k, all in, buought the bike on ebay. shipped it over, took forever but any faster would have cost lots more....

Sorry for the disappointing picture....The LBFM pics NSFW. ;)

· Registered
687 Posts
wash

Cost me about $22 k, all in, buought the bike on ebay. shipped it over, took forever but any faster would have cost lots more....

Sorry for the disappointing picture....The LBFM pics NSFW. ;)

22K, not bad at all, I always heard the taxes on anything under 5 years old were so crazy thus most guys didn't even attempt to get their bikes sent over. As for the pictures, some nice LBFM's would boost my morale as I sit in dreary Iraq right now, LOL. Second thoughts, maybe that's not a safe thing to do to me about now, ha, ha.

· Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
That would be the only type of crew I would let wash my bike. I would pay nicely too.

GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!

· Registered
3,834 Posts
How far are you from Bauang,La Union? I know very little about PI geography.
My father in law lives there,and my wife and her siblings have inherited property there.
We have talked about building a vacation home there,but I have not been there yet.

· Registered
4,635 Posts
Itsapitty, what bike?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.