GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize it's over a month away, and a lot can happen, but I'd like to throw this out for comments:

We usually have a fairly large crowd attending the Bike Week Lunch in Daytona (actually, two lunches this year), so I was thinking about asking everyone to throw a couple of bucks into a can and we can use it to buy Beverly the biggest basket of flowers she's ever seen...., along with a huge order of gaiter tails.

Hopefully, by then we'll have a better idea of what the future holds for Bev, and she'll be in decent enough condition to enjoy the flowers and gaiter tails.

As I say, I'm just throwing this out for consideration and comments..., so if anyone has any other ideas, let's have them.

Bev's an integral part of our Florida Lunch Rides, and it was going home from one of the lunches that she had her accident..., so it would seem appropriate for us to do something significant for her at a Lunch Ride.

~

·
Registered
154 Posts
I realize it's over a month away, and a lot can happen, but I'd like to throw this out for comments:

We usually have a fairly large crowd attending the Bike Week Lunch in Daytona (actually, two lunches this year), so I was thinking about asking everyone to throw a couple of bucks into a can and we can use it to buy Beverly the biggest basket of flowers she's ever seen...., along with a huge order of gaiter tails.

Hopefully, by then we'll have a better idea of what the future holds for Bev, and she'll be in decent enough condition to enjoy the flowers and gaiter tails.

As I say, I'm just throwing this out for consideration and comments..., so if anyone has any other ideas, let's have them.

Bev's an integral part of our Florida Lunch Rides, and it was going home from one of the lunches that she had her accident..., so it would seem appropriate for us to do something significant for her at a Lunch Ride.

~
In times like this, it's hard to know the needs of her and family, but If any of you is a good friend, I suggest starting a PAYPAL account and have some contributions made for flowers and even something extra for her needs or family.
Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
In times like this, it's hard to know the needs of her and family, but If any of you is a good friend, I suggest starting a PAYPAL account and have some contributions made for flowers and even something extra for her needs or family.
Just a suggestion.
I'd had to agree. PayPal is going to be the fastest way to accomplish your goal although some will still want to mail something in to someone/somewhere.

Can someone score an address to send cards and/or flowers to at the hospital? If she is in an ICU, I have no doubts that there are rules as to what can be sent/accepted.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure at some point when we have a better handle on what Bev's needs are going to be, someone will set up some sort of Paypal (or other) fund to deal with that. Right now I'm just trying to work out something a bit more personal from her "lunch pals"..., something that will help to cheer her up down the road.

Once I get a handle on response from her lunch pals I'll get better organized. What more could a gal want to cheer herself up, but flowers and gaiter tails... ;)

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone score an address to send cards and/or flowers to at the hospital? If she is in an ICU, I have no doubts that there are rules as to what can be sent/accepted.
Check the Main Forum for details. Jeff (SkeeterBeater) will be posting info as it becomes available.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any new updates of BEV? I was reading the main forum but saw no updates, and was wondering if any FL riders had any updates?
It's a sad morning today, I don't know BEV but when you read all the good things about her it's hard not to think of her.

BrianH,
I know you mentioned about Flowers, another idea, purchase a JUMBO greeting card and we can all get together, sign it and give it to her with flowers when allowed by the Hospital.(just an idea) I know you can cuctom print them from http://www.jumbogreetingcards.com/
Do you have an update on a PAYPAL account, I was reading the threads but I didn't find anything, Please let me know.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any new updates of BEV? I was reading the main forum but saw no updates, and was wondering if any FL riders had any updates?
SkeeterBeater (Jeff) posted an update a little while ago (Tues around noon).

·
Registered
271 Posts
so if anyone has any other ideas, let's have them.
I think this is a great idea, though I hate why it has come to pass and I wish both Beverly and her family all the best.

On a semi-related note, has anyone ever given any consideration to any sort of communal "rainy day fund" for situations like this? I mean, a managed account where all the gl1800riders.com guys who are interested could contribute whenever, or whatever they could for helping the families of the fallen -- in this case down but not out -- friends and compatriots?

Seems like with over a thousand of us, we could do some good and maybe -- in a worst case scenario -- figure out a way to help with keeping the heat on, or whatever while a friend recovers.

I'm not talking about Aflac or whatever. Just good old fashioned "being a good samaritan" efforts.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Brian count me in - I don't know if I'm going to be able to make the Daytona trip but I would gladly send a check so that you can throw into the bucket for me.

I'm sure at some point when we have a better handle on what Bev's needs are going to be, someone will set up some sort of Paypal (or other) fund to deal with that. Right now I'm just trying to work out something a bit more personal from her "lunch pals"..., something that will help to cheer her up down the road.

Once I get a handle on response from her lunch pals I'll get better organized. What more could a gal want to cheer herself up, but flowers and gaiter tails... ;)

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
You know I'm for anything that will help.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I'm sure it has been noticed by more than myself. It's amazing the numbers of board members that have been on here for many years, with only a handful of posts, that are praying and pulling for our Florida Lady Friend.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure it has been noticed by more than myself. It's amazing the numbers of board members that have been on here for many years, with only a handful of posts, that are praying and pulling for our Florida Lady Friend.
The outpouring has been overwhelming.

Consider modifying your sig to show support...

~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts