GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is, holiday weekend, and my bike wont start! Turn on key,dash lights up, hit starter, click....everything goes dead. Inspected fuses, tried again with same results, lights come on, hit starter, and click then nothing. after waiting several minutes returning key to on poss. lights would come back on like a breaker was resetting, but now I have nothing. Any help guys ?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Have you checked your battery? Sounds like the classic signs of a failed battery if it's more than 3 years old. Otherwise measure the voltage with the key off. Should be at least 12.5. If so then put it on the tender overnight and see if that helps.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would bet on the dead battery. When they go, they go fast. Do you have a charger? Are you able to test the battery. How old is it? If your ansewers are no, no, 5+, get yourself a new battery. :shrug:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help. While testing the battery I discovered I had power at the post, but not at the bolt or leads themselves. Looked clean but after cleaning and reinstalling everything works fine. Simple fix, I just new it was terminal.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Now go have some fun this weekend. :congrats:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts