GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my Wing and Stratoliner :cry: because the trucking economy has went in the dumper and have to go to survival mode to weather this downturn.

Really bummed about it, but life could always be worse.
I got my wife of 34 years, my family, my health,and great friends. So I figure I still have everything that is really important to me.

Things get better and I will get another bike, just got to have that freedom of two wheels and the wind in my face.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry to here that...Keep the faith.....

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
trust me i know what your going through,but as in everything this will pass,good luck!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sounds like ya' did what is right. Some guys might be tempted to keep the wing and sell the wife.:joke:
Ya' gotta keep smilin'.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Keep your courage, and good luck. This bad chance will pass one day and beautiful the day will return.:yes1:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Things get better and I will get another bike, just got to have that freedom of two wheels and the wind in my face.

[/quote]

Alphadog piece of cake grab a couple of tires off the cage and set in front of a huge fan:doorag:

Really good luck but it will get worst before it gets better. But Obamamamamamam is gona save us all........:22yikes:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Alphadog piece of cake grab a couple of tires off the cage and set in front of a huge fan:doorag:

Really good luck but it will get worst before it gets better. But Obamamamamamam is gona save us all........:22yikes:[/quote]

can you please post the dates it will get worse?and while your at it please post the date it will get better? thanks in advance:thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
you can always find new friends:?

but seriously, I had to sell my VTX last year after my rig was stolen:-(,times got tough real quick!

took almost a year,found a dedicated job after getting the Kenworth back(undamaged), and I finally bit the bullet and bought the 08 wing:lol:

happy again.....hang in there

things happen for a reason:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
That s*&ks, but I hope you got close to what you wanted. I thought your industry needed folks. :cry: Glad you have your health. I hope demand picks back up, and needs delivered.

Herb

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Sorry to hear this sad news. Things always get better after the worst happens

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's sad to hear, been there too, may be there again shortly if our business does'nt pick up. I agree with previous comments, you have your priorities dead on. Good luck, hopefully you will be on 2 wheels sooner than later.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
alphadog

U said it well "wife of 34 years, my family, my health,and great friends". All the rest is window dressing.

Hope things get back to normal soon.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Sorry to hear this Alphadog, but the way things are going I may not be far behind you if I am one of the "winners" of next months "job loss lottery" we are having at my company.:shrug::eek:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Sorry for your $$$ trouble and the loss of your bikes, things will turn around. Bikes are expendable, sounds like you have your priorities straight.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts