GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by other riders that my Bike MP3 CB transmissions are overmodulated. Not being a CB whiz by any means, do any of you folks with some technical expertise have any suggestions as to how I can address this issue? Would the SWR settings have anything to do with this? I don't have a meter but have located a company that can do this. It is on my to-do list for the coming weeks.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions

·
Registered
43 Posts
My CB was not adjusted correctly out of the box. However, being an old guy from back in the CB days, I still had my tuner for the antennae. I think I had to shorten my antennae by about half an inch to get it working optimally. I no longer have the bike or tuner but maybe someone local to you will have one and be willing to help you. Good luck. Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE

Since I last started this thread I have not had a chance to check the SWR's on my CB. However, in the meantime, I ordered some ferrite filters (purchased on Ebay) to install on the lines pertaining to the CB. I put one on my headset line, the CB antenna lead and the CB line bundle under the seat going to the controls up front. My riding friend, who last time said I was overmodulating and breaking up, now says there is a 95% improvement in my transmissions. He could even hear me clearly at over 3/4 of a mile out of sight and going in different directions after we finished our day ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts