GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased and installed a BikeMP3 V3 on my 2002 GL1800. Following the instructions, I formatted both a USB thumb drive and a SD card for FAT32, and created two folders on each with a handful of songs to test things out.

The display continues to show "CD8 T99" and I can get nothing to play. I disconnected the battery for 15-20 minutes and still get the same results.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
852 Posts
If I remember correctly, there has to be one song in the root of the card (i.e. not in any folder). I've not tried a USB drive, but the slot works well like this. I do have the occasional lockup, but as long as you like all the songs, you dont have to fast forward them. Hope that helps. If not, the bikemp3 guru will be along shortly (Pedro?)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
To start with I would put only 1 song on the card and get player to working. Then your player only needs folders and NO root and it should be good to go

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To start with I would put only 1 song on the card and get player to working. Then your player only needs folders and NO root and it should be good to go
OK, so I tried the one song test and that worked. Then I added one folder back and removed the one song, it now flashes between "CD8 T99" and "CD5 T14" and nothing plays. It will also play more than one song in the root folder, but not see stuff in other folders.

Is there some naming convention for folders?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
That was my next thing to tell ya. Glad your jammin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts