GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a word of warning for anyone wanting to order the BIKEMP3 player from Wingstuff for a Navigation Bike.

I placed my order with them over a month ago......and I still don't have it. They don't have any reset units needed to make the navigation display show CD Tracks. so they are not shipping. :-(

This is not a complaint on their customer service. It's just a warning to others that there is a delay.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Just a word of warning for anyone wanting to order the BIKEMP3 player from Wingstuff for a Navigation Bike.

I placed my order with them over a month ago......and I still don't have it. They don't have any reset units needed to make the navigation display show CD Tracks. so they are not shipping. :-(

This is not a complaint on their customer service. It's just a warning to others that there is a delay.

Not really a no show is it they have told they have not shipped and why so I guess more of a not shipped

I believe that Wingstuff should of given you an option to take the player now without the reset unit or to wait for the reset, you can use the player fine without but I am guessing you choose to wait or your sales guy did not tell you.

We are expecting resets this week from the factory I have a pile of them to ship for Wingstuff directly to customers who choose not to wait.

If you call them they will ship it they have plenty of players in stock and then the reset will follow

·
Registered
825 Posts
I just wish everyone gave the service and info that Pedro does. Thanks for helping me enjoy my player!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
waiting.........waiting...........and still waiting........... :sad:

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
waiting.........waiting...........and still waiting........... :sad:

Who did you speak to at Wingstuff and ask them to send out the unit without the reset I will talk to them for you PM me your name and order number but I just looked in our orders and we have no requests for a reset to be sent out to Copperas Cove and I am assuming from your forum info thats where you are the Wingstuff system will automatically inform us if you requested the unit sent out from them without the reset

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
This guy knew 3 weeks ago that the inventory was gone...I bet he hasn't called anybody...I wouldn't worry about it Pte...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This guy knew 3 weeks ago that the inventory was gone...I bet he hasn't called anybody...I wouldn't worry about it Pte...
How much do you wanna bet? $$$
-----------------------------------

PETE - PM SENT Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also ordered the bikemp3 player from Wingstuff 8 days ago. I called them today and was told it will more likely be early Sept. before it is shipped :cry:

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
They may be waiting on the resets before they ship they are held in US Customs at the moment they should clear early next week

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Well this should make interesting reading.
GL1800 Digital Music Player V3
Availability
In-Stock
# Available

Yes I clicked on the Nav option.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I agree. But..... When I placed an order with Wingstuff it showed delayed 5-7 days. That came and went...... 2 e-mails later I was informed shipping expected the end of August - early Sept, which is ok if they are up front about. They were not.
Then I looked on another site. That site shows they are available, well 42 or so.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I agree. But..... When I placed an order with Wingstuff it showed delayed 5-7 days. That came and went...... 2 e-mails later I was informed shipping expected the end of August - early Sept, which is ok if they are up front about. They were not.
Then I looked on another site. That site shows they are available, well 42 or so.

Again, this is not an mp3player issue..........it's a distributor problem! Pete can't control what these vendors do........to a point.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered mine before riding to Wing Ding. I asked Wing Stuff to ship it without the reset and ship me the reset when it came in. I did this after talking with Pedro. I got it, installed it, and it worked well enough for me to ride from Michigan to Knoxville without any issues other than the flashing "NO CD" When I got to Wing Ding, one of the guys from Bike MP3 reset the unit for me and it has worked flawlessly ever since. I still have not received the reset unit from Wing Stuff, but hope to get it someday soon. I need the little unit just in case the bike is without power for a period of time (change the battery for instance).

I have to say that the little appliance that BikeMP3 used to reset my unit did not even require that the seat be removed. Plugged right into the player and the reset took about a minute I would guess.

Thanks to Pedro and BikeMP3 for their suggestions and service. They are really great.:congrats:

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
To be clear on this Wingstuff were expecting to have the reset units a few weeks back but with delays at the factory and now US Customs the time has flown by, really I would say this is our fault here at BikeMP3 not Wingstuff as they have plenty of MP3 units just no resets so its as frustrating for them as it is you, I am sure that nobody who is waiting has been charged by them as they do not charge until shipped.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
No issues with WING STUFF here especially compared to most wing accessory suppliers

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's easy to leave complaints and negative comments when one is faceless on a forum. I had a complaint about my BikeMP3 player being delayed for delivery. I never attacked anyone directly and was just fustrated. The delay of my order was merely a matter of circumstances and not directly anyones fault. It was a case of S**T happens.
To be fair I must follow up with praise where praise is due. Wingstuff did not want to send out a partial order because of customer satisfaction. No other reason.
Pete at BikeMP3 was great!! and did everything possible to make me happy. Unfortunately he just couldn't wave a magic wand and make a reset unit appear in thin air.
Since then I have installed the MP3 unit and used the reset unit to correct the display. The player works great and I am 100% satisfied with the unit. It works as advertised. I don't know why I waited so long to order one. Thanks Pete.
If you are looking for an MP3 Player.....Buy This One !!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts