GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't say enough good things about this unit. It has performed flawlessly(other than me loading a corrupt file), and has more than paid for itself since I got rid of my satellite radio setup. I just finished a 5000 KM trip and did not have a single problem with it.

One of the best add ons for my Wing.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
:agree:I have one on my 2010 and works great using the SD card but the usb stick would vibrate when you hit a NY bump and then it would freeze:eek:4: but the SD card fixed that issue so I'm happy as a clam. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
:agree::agree:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Can't say enough good things about this unit. It has performed flawlessly(other than me loading a corrupt file), and has more than paid for itself since I got rid of my satellite radio setup. I just finished a 5000 KM trip and did not have a single problem with it.

One of the best add ons for my Wing.

:agree: No problems out of mine either.

I would hazard to guess 90% of the problems people have with the bikemp3 player is SD card format issues.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would hazard to guess 90% of the problems people have with the bikemp3 player is SD card format issues.
Probably not an accurate guess. When the question was asked on this forum, it appears that EVERYONE with an '06 - '08 Navi bike has had the NO DISK problem. And still no reset units are available for most of those customers.

Jim

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Probably not an accurate guess. When the question was asked on this forum, it appears that EVERYONE with an '06 - '08 Navi bike has had the NO DISK problem. And still no reset units are available for most of those customers.

Jim
Most issues with playback are caused by memory card loading variations there is nothing electronic that will cause odd behavior the units tend to work or are dead most anything unusual in-between is memory card related.

What we do know is that there seems to be three main causes of NO DISC if after resetting it shows up the first is more than 6 folders or files in the root the second is low power normally caused by a low battery on cranking causing the radio to reset and the third is loose connections to the MP3 player

I am also tracking some indication that certain memory cards/sticks cause the NO DISC now as of yet I am not sure how unless they report the file structure in an unusual way

Regarding the reset units ALL customers that have registered for reset units should now have them, the NO DISC is not a problem as such its just the way the NAV radio works, if anyone has been missed then email us via our website. All new customers are supplied with a reset if they identify when ordering the model of bike they have this has been the case for near 2 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts