GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justed wanted to post a public "Thank You" to Pete at BikeMp3.com :bow:

Like many others I upgraded from a V2 to the V3 bikemp3 player when the V3 came available early this year. Functionally the V3 operates exactly as advertised. No longer do I have to interrupt power to the unit in order to switch from CD to FM (the V2 model would continue playing over the top of the FM audio until the ignition was switched off, a major PITA). The V3 unit easily switches from track to track and CD (or folder) to CD with no problems. And when switched off and later is switched back on, it continues on right where it left off same CD same track. Awesome performance!
My only complaint was that when the new V3 was installed the display on the GPS (I have a 2008 lvl 3 Goldwing) would flash "No Disc" on all screens (except the one that doesn't continuously show the audio information on the bottom). The unit still operated fine, it's just the lack of CD/track info made it difficult determining where I was in my music selections.

To the rescue comes Pete from bikemp3.com. Two days ago I get a package from Pete and in it I find the infamous "reset unit". I followed the extremely easy instructions and in no time my mp3 unit is functioning perfectly and all GPS display screens show the correct CD/track info.

Pete didn't ask for payment for the reset unit nor did I have to pay postage for it to be sent to me. There was no request that I send it back (although I would if he needed it). I can't emphasis enough how much that level of customer service impresses me. I just wish everyone I had to do business with would behave this way.

Kudo's to you Pete!!!:yes1:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I thank him for mine also! Retain it, you may need it again!
Sage advice for sure! :yes1:

Glad to see the reset units are beginning to arrive. I can't wait to get mine!

Does this new reset unit still require seat removal or is it a direct connect to the V3 cable?

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Lasted several weeks and then one day I started her up and got:

"No Disc"..."No Disc"..."No Disc"
:shrug:
You are either losing or dropping voltage or you have something on the drive triggering it for example more than 6 folders or files visible or otherwise in the root

·
Registered
595 Posts
You are either losing or dropping voltage or you have something on the drive triggering it for example more than 6 folders or files visible or otherwise in the root
Since the SD card plays repeatedly from start to finish without so much as a hiccup before I finally get the dreaded "No Disc" I'd say you're probably on to something with the possibility of a voltage drop. Each time the "No Disc" message has appeared the bike has been shut off with disc and track info showing only to display "No Disc" immediately upon the next bike start-up. I tend to agree that I may have some sort of intermittent voltage aberration at start-up.

Outside the occasional "No Disc", which is now easily correctable with a reset, my V3 unit has been flawless. :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Actually I would put my money on something amiss on the card if your going to Eufaula or WOS come by the stand I would like to see if anything is going on

·
Registered
595 Posts
Actually I would put my money on something amiss on the card if your going to Eufaula or WOS come by the stand I would like to see if anything is going on
At this point I would probably take that bet! :lol:

If I can make it over to WOS I'll definitely stop by your booth to chat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts