GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the following happen to me tonite:

Unit locked on CD 4 and played the same song over and over. I couldn't switch to another CD. I could get the track number to change but the song stayed the same one.

Got the unit home and took it out disconnected removed the SD card then hooked it back up-it started working. Put it back in the CD player area tried ,problem is back.

By putting the cable just so I seem to be able to get it to work. Move the cable around and it seems to go back to CD4 and lock on one song.

Anyone had similar symptoms?

I am ordering a cable anyways. It is not noticiably pinched anywhere. I had ran the cable through to spot for the CD player cable.

Other than this its worked great. Of course this happens just when I am going on a extended weekend trip.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Had the following happen to me tonite:

Unit locked on CD 4 and played the same song over and over. I couldn't switch to another CD. I could get the track number to change but the song stayed the same one.

Got the unit home and took it out disconnected removed the SD card then hooked it back up-it started working. Put it back in the CD player area tried ,problem is back.

By putting the cable just so I seem to be able to get it to work. Move the cable around and it seems to go back to CD4 and lock on one song.

Anyone had similar symptoms?

I am ordering a cable anyways. It is not noticiably pinched anywhere. I had ran the cable through to spot for the CD player cable.

Other than this its worked great. Of course this happens just when I am going on a extended weekend trip.
Check you music load first if your sticking on CD4 constantly, Or does it stick on other number CD's

If this is a physical problem I would expect to see it stick in other places there is nothing cable wise to force it onto CD4 opposed to other CD numbers

Do you know how to do a screen shot if so take one of the root of your SD card and of the content of CD4 and email it to us

Here is a link to how to screen shot http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only seems to stick on CD4 but not all the time. Sometimes I can go through the CD's but when I turn the bike off then back on straight to CD4. It will cycle through the songs in CD4.

I tried load a USB stick with some music(CD1 to CD9 with 20 songs in each folder). Unit won't even recognize the USB stick.

Check you music load first if your sticking on CD4 constantly, Or does it stick on other number CD's

If this is a physical problem I would expect to see it stick in other places there is nothing cable wise to force it onto CD4 opposed to other CD numbers

Do you know how to do a screen shot if so take one of the root of your SD card and of the content of CD4 and email it to us

Here is a link to how to screen shot http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As an extra the unit had cycled through CD1 to CD9 and played all the songs. I added a few new songs to the SD card and it played the first 30 or so songs OK. Stopped somewhere and when I started the bike up it was locked on CD4.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Said it yourself "I added a few new songs to the SD card" I would suggest that you have added or changed something the unit does not like.

Look for album art or hidden files make sure the folders are called CD1 CD2 etc no gaps no zero's and use upper case

How are you loading the card?

USB sticks can be an issue is it a SanDisk did you remove the menu formatting alone will not do it

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to reload the SD card. The unit worked flawlessly the first run through so I am looking into the songs I added(I will double check for album art).. Usually is the simplest thing.

I use a program called Media Monkey, its how I loaded it the first time.

Said it yourself "I added a few new songs to the SD card" I would suggest that you have added or changed something the unit does not like.

Look for album art or hidden files make sure the folders are called CD1 CD2 etc no gaps no zero's and use upper case

How are you loading the card?

USB sticks can be an issue is it a SanDisk did you remove the menu formatting alone will not do it

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
I am going to reload the SD card. The unit worked flawlessly the first run through so I am looking into the songs I added(I will double check for album art).. Usually is the simplest thing.

I use a program called Media Monkey, its how I loaded it the first time.

Don't use any programs other than Windows Explorer as they can tend to copy over album art or reference files

Create the folders on the disc manually name them CD1 etc etc and just put one song that you know worked from your original loading into them and test it

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK got a new (faster) SD card, checked my MP3's and found some album art. Cleaned it all out and reloaded all my songs again. Hope this works because I really like this unit.

The first run through was over 80 hours of music, without any issue. Second run got to song 40 and then crashed.

I thought I had cleaned up the new songs but upon checking found 7-8 with the art. So we will give it a go.

I got sidetracked on the cable because it seemed to act differently depending on where I put the unit to test it(cable moved a bit seemed to work OK).

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Faster card not always necessary the unit does not run that fast to take advantage of it

And those picture files will do the CD4 lockup

·
Registered
606 Posts
Pete, I don't know anything about SD cards, is there one that you feel is best suited for your MP3 player?

Are there certain features offered on different SD cards that should be avoided and is speed an important factor in choosing a card?

Thanks for your support!

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Pete, I don't know anything about SD cards, is there one that you feel is best suited for your MP3 player?

Are there certain features offered on different SD cards that should be avoided and is speed an important factor in choosing a card?

Thanks for your support!
Honestly cheap and cheerful (other than Patriot) seem to work really well

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have to say that's some of the best service I've ever gotten on a product. Posted here and an hour or so later I am getting trouble shooting help from you.

I will really keep an eye out for that album art in the future. Fortunatley Media Monkey lets me delete it in bulk.

I bought the faster one because they were out of the other ones on sale at my local Best Buy(cost me $4 more for this one).

·
Registered
606 Posts
Pete Rocks, but I think we all know that by now...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bike MP3

My BikeMP3 player works just wonderfully, I am a very happy camper. I simply used Windows Explorer to move the MP3 files from my computer hard drive to a USB stick. It could not be any easier. I have not had one minute of problems with it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I had been having issues with CD1 doing much the same thing... After reading that you used Media Monkey to clean all the tags and album art I decided to give it a try on mine... Whoa and behold there was a couple songs that still had album art... I don't recall the stripper program that I had used originally when I made the flash drive, but it matters not as I will be using Media Monkey from now on... Can hardly wait to see if my issues are gone now...:tongue::excited:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are here in Albertville just outside Minneapolis and I am around song 170 of CD1.So far so good,back to working great.

Watch out for the album art in your MP3's,really screwed up my tunes.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
THe player is actually pretty dumb it will try to eat whatever you feed it sometimes it can't digest it so gets indigestion and blocks up

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Media Monkey is a pretty good program for managing your MP3 library, easy to copy files over, build playlists , clean up album art.

It was free when I got it but you could pay for extra features (never needed any of them though.

The BIKEMP3 Player worked flawlessly on the trip(over 300 songs). Again thanks Pedro for the help and the unit itself, this gadget is one of the best things I ever got for the bike.

I had been having issues with CD1 doing much the same thing... After reading that you used Media Monkey to clean all the tags and album art I decided to give it a try on mine... Whoa and behold there was a couple songs that still had album art... I don't recall the stripper program that I had used originally when I made the flash drive, but it matters not as I will be using Media Monkey from now on... Can hardly wait to see if my issues are gone now...:tongue::excited:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts