GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a fantastic rally. This may get a little lengthy.

9/27 On the trip down from Rockford, I was alone and in the clouds most of the day. Only about 1-2 minutes of rain though. XM worked perfect for just being installed. Just enough to make me want to put on the rain suit but never found a place to pull over to get it on. Stayed in Springfield, MO and ate at Lambert's. This is a trip of itself. If you've never been to Lambert's, you get great food and you had better duck -- this is the home of the throwed rolls. Ask for a roll and it will come sailing by your head. Again, excellent food.

9/28 Next day, went through Eureka Springs, AR. Fantastic ride except for the construction on 62. Added 45 minutes to the ride into Fayetteville. Got into Fayetteville assuming the guys I was suppose to meet would have beat me there because of the delay, but found out they had problems of their own.

I was to meet up with a V-Rod, a Low Rider, and a VTX -- all coming from Wichita. Mr. V-Rod locked his keys in his house and had to call a locksmith to open the door -- then, finally on the way, he ran out of gas in that small peanut tank of his. Needless to say, I was at the rally way before my friends.

Great blues bands played for free for the entire rally. Excellent music. Dickson Street in the middle of town is rally HQ. This place was packed Thursday. This many bikes normally don't show until Saturday. Huge Rally this year. Excellent BBQ, some of the best I've ever had.

9/29 Hung out on Dickson and other rally sites, listened to more great music and more great BBQ. Shopped at the vendors. Dinner at Doe's. If you are ever in Fayetteville and don't eat at Doe's, you should be arrested. Doe's by far is one of my top 3 restaurants in the world. This will be one of the best steaks you have ever had -- and there is plenty to share. Their smallest steak (not counting the Fillet) is 2 pounds. If your group is big enough make sure to get the tamales, too. Row Rider lost his shifter peg -- amazing what vibrates loose on a ...........

9/30 Road the pig trail and went to Devil's Den -- note to self, remove highway pegs before any curvy riding. This is a great area of the country to ride, DON'T SKIP THE OZARKS FOR ANY REASON. After the ride went back to Dickson for more Blues and BBQ. Skipped the parade, although I heard there was over 6 miles of bikes.

10/1 Started home with the VTX. Great ride through NW Arkansas and SW Missouri. XM power cord started to lose contact cutting out the music, switched to battery power and all was well.

All in All, perfect weather, Great Rides, Fantastic Music and unbelievable BBQ. Plan to attend next year, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Wife and I also attended the rally. Excellent adventure. I was amazed that their was little mention of it on this board, and your post being the first I had the privillage to read. I was beginning to think Fayetteville was a taboo planet or something. Must have been a zillion people there having a good time, peacefully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts