GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bb&bq

Yeh, I'm going to attend this year again. We have several in this area that r going over on the Wed. Before hand. :popcorn:

·
Registered
17 Posts
:excited:I am coming up on thursday with two other couples from the Durant area. Staying at Super 8 in Rogers.:excited:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yep, will be in Eureka Springs as usual.
Wednesday in Queen Wilhelmina, Thursday mid day drop the gear in Eureka Springs and head to Fayetteville.

Really looking forward to it; nice break.

Jim

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes

Going over Thursday plan on staying thru Sunday.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Blues Bikes BBQ

Have never been to this before. My question is- has this thing gotten so big ( # of people and physical size of the locations ) that you feel lost ? From looking at the website, everything is so spread out that you have to take shuttles or buses to see everything.

I see that a parade has been cancelled because of safety reasons.

Someone tell me what is there to see and do that will be enjoyable and not just frustrating trying to get around.

Thanks sgtbush207

·
Registered
366 Posts
Getting around

Have never been to this before. My question is- has this thing gotten so big ( # of people and physical size of the locations ) that you feel lost ? From looking at the website, everything is so spread out that you have to take shuttles or buses to see everything.

Someone tell me what is there to see and do that will be enjoyable and not just frustrating trying to get around.

Thanks sgtbush207
If you don't attempt to ride on Dixon street it's relatively easy to get around. Getting in and out of the exhibit area hasn't been a problem the last two times I went. I really enjoy the "rally" because it doesn't just cater to the Harley crowd and you aren't required to pay to enter or wear a vest with pins.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

Thanks sgtbush207
Being spread out is one of the things that makes this rally different and so enjoyable. You can choose to see as much or as little as you want.

If you going to go to Dickson Street, get there early, parking becomes a hassle quickly, esp. closer you get to Saturday. Food, people, beer and band, a few vendors and a lot of traffic on Dickson (closed to cars Friday afternoon through Saturday). The side streets are the best way to get to that area.

At the Tyson Track Center is the majority of vendors, the registration for the bike give away, helicopter rides, bands, people and a lot of parking. Also demo rides, Harley, Yamaha, CanAm were represented last year.

At the fair ground, it's BBQ. I think it is about $7 dollars to get in Friday evening (around 6) they only sell about a thousand tickets and they will sell out. For your 7 bucks, you get to taste BBQ from lots of vendors; forget supper it is hard to get back on the bike.

At the AMP (Arkansas Music Pravillion), the main music shows, Black Crowes last year, Allman Bros the year before that and ZZ Top the year before that. I do not know who will be there this year. A hot rod show, vendors and bikes. The last couple of years Boss Hoss has been represented and you could arrange a test ride on one of those bad boys.

Don't miss the Pig Trail Harley dealership in Rogers; all bikes are welcome, just get there before 10AM, if you wait till later, forget it, it will be nearly impossible to find a place to park, even a bike; free food and drink usually does that sort of thing and the burgers are always great.

That is just in the Fayetteville area; within a very few miles is some of the best riding in the country. The pig trail, Eureka Springs, War Eagle Mill, Ferry at Bull Shoals, Moonshine Road, Jasper disaster, Queen Wilhelmina, Magazine Mountain, Push Mountain are just a few of the many places and things to do; there is just no way to get it all done in a week, much less a weekend.

I am bring 5 bikes this year with 8 people. As always, we stay in Eureka Springs and commute. It is a fantastic town but if you don't have reservations by now, pickins are going to be slim. Eureka Springs is a very bike friendly town, a large number of business are owned by bikers. The motel we stay at is owned by a biker couple that are member of both the GWRRA and the AMA. Very nice folks; Brian always has great info for the bikers and has even been known to go get a broken down bike with his personal trailer.
http://www.edelweissinn.com/

**** caution the BB&B web site has a warning about HWY 62 being torn up between Eureka Springs and Fayetteville. I have not seen it but if they carry that warning on the web site, there is probably something to it.

Hope you can make it, it is real easy to have a great time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bikes Blues & BBQ

Hey Bingle50,

Thanks for all the info. Just what I was looking for. Sounds like a great time.

Thanks sgtbush207

·
Registered
85 Posts
Leaving on 9/27

Wing man and I are heading down from MN on tomorrow, plan to arrive on Friday. Plan to head through Iowa City, pass Hannibal MO, then down 19 to Mammoth springs then over Eureka Springs. Expect two days of 450+ miles to the base camp in Eureka Springs.

Plan to turn North again on Sunday and if we so feel like it, we'll take two days to get home.

We will of course be at BBB, but the ride in the area entices us the most.

Getting excited - Really!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts