GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is less than one month away. Time to pick a place to meet and eat. Sat is October 15. Last spring we went to Whistle Junction with out any of the problems that we had with Duffs.
Any body have another suggestion speak up.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
It is less than one month away. Time to pick a place to meet and eat. Sat is October 15. Last spring we went to Whistle Junction with out any of the problems that we had with Duffs.
Any body have another suggestion speak up.
WJ works for this WJ. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Whistle Junction is closed. I believe a Japanese buffet is opening in that building now.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
We had WJ back at Bike Week?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That was last spring.:eek:4:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I din,t have a problem with Duff,s. Plenty of parking, walk around vendor area to kill time, If you pre pay no long line. but Im good with where ever. Was not real impressed with WJ. But I,m just one .

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fine with me also. Too bad Whistle J closed. All of them around Orlando closed several years ago. Maybe Jamie can drop by and see if it is worth going to.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Cracker Barrel on Granada in Ormond Beach. :shrug:
I doubt is could hold all of us and all the other customers that will be in town that weekend. Our luncheon during bike week, March or Oct, will usually draws 100+ so the place must be large enough to accommodate all of us and be able to serve that large of a crowd in a short time. This is why Duffs or Whistle Junction worked well.

·
Registered
818 Posts
:biker:

Even though I probably wouldn't be missed, I will be in Bryson City all week riding then coating the "innards" with chili during the
Chili Cook off, Oct. 13 - 15.
See the post on Ride Board.

Ya'll have fun and be safe.

Jim

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I doubt is could hold all of us and all the other customers that will be in town that weekend. Our luncheon during bike week, March or Oct, will usually draws 100+ so the place must be large enough to accommodate all of us and be able to serve that large of a crowd in a short time. This is why Duffs or Whistle Junction worked well.
I'm for wherever John. Personally still pizzed with Duff's handling our reservations, but whatever the group decides.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
:biker:

Even though I probably wouldn't be missed, I will be in Bryson City all week riding then coating the "innards" with chili during the
Chili Cook off, Oct. 13 - 15.
See the post on Ride Board.

Ya'll have fun and be safe.

Jim
Jim see you up there.
Gary

·
Registered
943 Posts
I know everyone is going to cry and moan but I am going to have to miss the Rte Oct. 15th as I will be going through the Valley of Ocala that weekend. But beleive me I will be there in spirit with you.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I won't even be able to get down there this October.... maybe not even this winter! Daughter still at our home with two broken legs.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I won't even be able to get down there this October.... maybe not even this winter! Daughter still at our home with two broken legs.
Damn Hal. Mail me the keys and I'll keep Ole Yeller limbered up.

BTW, I had no idea about the unfortunate circumstances.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hal, please tell me this ain't so. Not that beautiful young lady I met at Oakwood last winter! Get her well and let her know me and many more are praying for her.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The Valley of what?? That some kind of rehab?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts