GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I want to thank everyone for their experienced rides and humor on this board. Your all quite informative and entertaining.

In august I'm riding two up from AZ to Banff NP and maybe higher, I have roughts planned going in and out of NP's all the way to billings, I would like to hear the best roughts from billings to banff. I might be heading to jasper if time permits then head down the west coast then back to az.

I'm all ears...thanks again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
When you get to the East gate of Glacier go in and up the pass to the top (takes awhile to soak it all in) go a couple of blocks West for best view(IMO)of West side, turn around and go back out East gate. Take 89 N to 17 and hang a left, cross the border into Alberta(with passports) and on to Alberta 6. Ways up the road will be a side trip to Waterton Lks. NP Great place to spend a nite but $$$$, and reservations would be a good idea. 6 continues on up to Pincher creek. Take a left on 3(West) little ways down take a right on 22(NORTH) up to Longview, take a left on 40(KANANASKIS) up to maple leaf highway 1, turn Left and head to Lk. Louise, you will pass Banff on the way(super congested tourist trap IMO) after visiting Lk. Louise take the Parkway up to Jasper and now you are on your own. Map research is worthwhile and you can contact Canadien tourism agencies. Scenery is awesome, I have done this many times. Speed is NOT of the essence, lots of game, cattle(open range stuff) and not to mention the RCMP (beware of oncoming as they say, thay hide in traffic and have a variety of vehicles.)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Whatever you do, don't stop at Banff. One of the BEST areas is from Banff up to Jasper. I can't tell you how many people we have come across that went all the way up there and stopped at Banff. If you do this, you are missing the "heart of the melon", so to speak. Please, ride the Icefields Parkway, you won't regret it!! IMO.

Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts