GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to newspaper, Florida Today, autopsy results for 56 year old Gerald Morelock, (the gentelman Billy Lane crashed into and killed), showed Mr. Morelock had also been drinking. Mr. Morelock had a blood alcohol level of .133, almost twice the legal limit of .08. Billy Lane had an alcohol level of .192 more than twice the legal limit. Florida Today states Billy Lane had been drinking at more than one bar through the day. Lane hit Morelock's Yamaha scooter head on in his Dodge Ram pick up truck. After trying to pass other cars on a double yellow line in the September 4 (Labor Day) crash, Mr. Lane was driving on a suspended driver's licence at the time of the accident. The suspension arose from an arrest in North Carolina in June , for driving under the influence and failure to wear a motorcycle helmet.
I couldn't find a date for Lane's next court apperance but he has pleaded not guilty. If convicted of the manslaughter DUI charges, Lane faces up to 15 years in prison.
I'm guessing anybody looking for a good deal on a chopper shop knows who to talk to. If it was me I'd be selling everthing I had, to pay for my attorneys. As I probably wouldn't be in that business for quit awhile.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I bet he ends up plea bargaining right before he goes to trial.

Dep

·
Registered
553 Posts
MR . ??

why do the courts and other people call losers MR.?? this dogooder crap is gonna destroy america...one drunk is dead so convict the drunk that lived..i like billy lanes tv show but he is a typical outlaw..make him pay for his"im above the law" bullcrap life style.. i liked indian larry also,but his NO helmet image killed him.sorry i am not,he made that choice to be cool..if i dress unsafe when i ride then it is on me,,i wouldnt expect anyone not to say i was a fool.especially if i was with the bar hopping illegal helmet groups...soooo have a good one.....i am a realist...not a valley boy who only see;s a perfect christian world..so you dogooders please dont reply,just say a prayer for me..hehehe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts