GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Billy Lane was charged with drunken driving manslaughter Monday. The 36 year old was driving on a suspended drivers licence at the time of the accident. He was released on a $15000. bond. His alcohol level was 0.192 percent, more than twice the legal limit.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Wolfer said:
The 36 year old was driving on a suspended drivers licence at the time of the accident.
Dang, that too? What a jerk. I guess he felt above it all. I have
always felt dread locks tell you a lot about a person.

Herb

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wolfer said:
Billy Lane was charged with drunken driving manslaughter Monday. The 36 year old was driving on a suspended drivers licence at the time of the accident. He was released on a $15000. bond. His alcohol level was 0.192 percent, more than twice the legal limit.
He killed a guy riding a moped. He hit him head on. He also has to goto court in Oct. on a previous DUI where he was riding a motorcycle the wrong way on a street.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but who is Billy Lane? (inquiring minds want to know)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

So Herb,
If I grow my hair back out and do the "dreadlock thing" will that change me from bein' a retired Navy Chief, life long motorcycle enthusiast and darn good father/grandfather???
Not gettin' technical but a style or wardrobe doesn't cover it but doin' booze then drivin' covers it for all walks of life from the richest to the poorest. :wink:
Sounds like this guy has some issues and they need dealt with. Too much $$$ to support an image that his business can't take.

:flg:

·
Registered
87 Posts
It is going to be interesting to see how this case pans out in comparison to Bill Janklow's crash that killed a biker. Janklow only got 100 days in jail for that one. If found guilty, I think Lane is likely to get a lot more cuz of his DUI's and lack of political influence. We will see.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
******* Dave said:
:shock:

So Herb,
If I grow my hair back out and do the "dreadlock thing" will that change me from bein' a retired Navy Chief, life long motorcycle enthusiast and darn good father/grandfather???
Yes, but only in my small mind. I would judge that book by its cover.
I have issues. :roll:

·
Registered
198 Posts
g1nomad said:
Wolfer said:
The 36 year old was driving on a suspended drivers licence at the time of the accident.

Dang, that too? What a jerk. I guess he felt above it all. I have
always felt dread locks tell you a lot about a person.
Herb

Why not turn him over to the TALIBAN????? While you are at it put Teddy in the back seat!!!! :idea:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Looks like Mr Lane may be creating his next masterpiece in the pokey.

The guy is talented but drinking and driving is just plain stupid. And doing it on a suspended license is even stupider. (That's for you spelling and grammar folks out there) :wink:

Dep

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That would be him.

Don't recall if it actually caught fire, but he was "uncomfortably warm" on it..LOL

Dep

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nice one Joel.

Dep

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
SPF 0 said:
Isn't this the guy who ran an under-tail exhaust and set the seat on fire?
I believe he is also the guy that has a patent on a "spokeless" <sp> rear tire, of which he was offered over a million dollars for and he turned it down.

I'm NOT DEFENDING him, but mechanically, he's a pretty smart guy.......he just does stupid things, Like everyone else :roll:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wolfer said:
If you don't have a license you don't get to drive. If taking away your license can't keep you off of the road and from killing somebody while drunk as a skunk then we lock you up for a long time. Welcome to Florida, have a nice stay.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts