GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was checking tire pressures and I happened to look up and saw what appears to be a small drain hose that was supposed to be attached to a black box over the rear tire. It looks like an overflow box of some sort with a small hole in the bottom that looked like it might have had a nipple on it that the hose could have attached to? The hose runs over to the side just above the exhaust.

Not sure how long it has been "unattached" and everything is running perfectly. I cannot attach it as there is no nipple or was it just glued up there? or is it broken off some how?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
That box is the radio amp. There should be a nipple on it that the hose hooks on. I guess something got kicked up by the tire and broke the nipple.

·
Vendor
17,790 Posts
If yours is broken, you can get a new one from a trike dealer. It is for bikes 2006 and up.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Greg, what is the purpose of that hose? fresh air for the amp? I just returned from the UP in MI, great trip but I wonder how long that hose has not been connected as I rarely look up above the tire, I just happened to be flat on my back "resting" while checking the air pressures. Thanks again for the speedy reply!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I found that box just last Sunday and asked the same question. It has one hose at the bottom and three going into the top of the box. I'm told the top hoses are just coverings for electrical wiring. The bottom is definitely a drain hose. I would imagine its to drain any water the tire throws into it. All the box has is a soft rubber cover on top that stretches into place. It's definitely not water tight...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts