GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard rumor that roads inside the park were under maintenance and that I wouldnt want to ride my bike on them.

Can anyone verify this for me?

Was hoping to see the park this year as we passed thru, but if we have to drive on dirt/gravel, I will just have to say no thank you.

TIA

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I heard rumor that roads inside the park were under maintenance and that I wouldnt want to ride my bike on them.

Can anyone verify this for me?

Was hoping to see the park this year as we passed thru, but if we have to drive on dirt/gravel, I will just have to say no thank you.

TIA
... was just there two weeks ago, roads newly paved on south rim and great!

I was through in June on the North side, (Colorado Hwy 92) and it was packed gravel ready for chip seal coat. I don't know if they ever finished the job, maybe someone else can tell us. The packed gravel was only for about 10 miles, about 10 miles north of the bridge over Blue Mesa Resevoir. It was not scary, but I did take it slow over that portion. Tremendous rides!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Rode it today. Signs say they are going to start paving tomorrow (8/1/11). The ranger I talked with did not know when they would complete the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts