GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a source for replacement engine side covers for the 2012?
I tried finding them in chrome, but nobody makes them. On previous models they were available chromed , so i thought i could use a set from an older model. The cover is shaped exactly the same as the older ones, but Honda changed the mounting tabs and grommet location on the 2012.:cry:

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
We can chrome the covers you have or color match them to your bike

drop me a line

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
how did they change the mounting tabs? Will the 12s fit a 01-10??

Thought bout changing mine to black, but wasn't sure if the 12s would work and the cost. I would trade mine but mine are from 02 and well used.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Engine Side Covers

Has anyone found a source for replacement engine side covers for the 2012?
I tried finding them in chrome, but nobody makes them. On previous models they were available chromed , so i thought i could use a set from an older model. The cover is shaped exactly the same as the older ones, but Honda changed the mounting tabs and grommet location on the 2012.:cry:
http://wingstuff.com/products/34265-engine-side-covers-with-rubber-scuff-pads?context=gl1800_2012

http://wingstuff.com/products/34266-engine-lower-side-covers?context=gold_wing_newest_products

Try one of these.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Chrojme Engine Side covers 2012

Call Dave McBride at Freedom Choice accessories in Findley, Ohio. He has them at a good price.

Dan

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Here are the ShowChrome engine covers without the rubber guards. I didn't think the rubber guards would match the frame covers guards :shrug:. Your feet won't touch the covers unless you are very severely "Pigeon toed" :joke:.
Kury makes them also. The mounting system is the same as stock 2012 covers and would not fit other years. I got mine from Neihaus (SP:oops:) Honda because they seemed to get them in stock before anyone else.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I'd just scuff them up a little and paint them with a rattle can for plastic stuff (Krylon Fusion).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts