GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has black plastic parts. I wash then apply Honda spray cleaner. It looks great until it dries. After drying it’s dull looking. Any recommendations on preserving the plastic and making it shine would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
A product called Wipe New. Sold at Walmart and auto supply stores. Kind of a dumb name but it works great. One application lasted three years and still going strong on my 2005 ST1300 though garage kept.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I started using mothers cmx ceramic coating and it works great on everything. Only one product and very easy to use.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried some Meguiar's I had on the black plastic and everything looked great going on a year so far. I also used it on the speaker covers which were getting gray and they look like brand new.

·
Vendor
17,785 Posts
My bike has black plastic parts. I wash then apply Honda spray cleaner. It looks great until it dries. After drying it’s dull looking. Any recommendations on preserving the plastic and making it shine would be greatly appreciated!
Be aware that a lot of other products may make it shine, but there are some draw backs. First is that some products will add a coating that expanded and contracts at different rates. The end result can cause cracking. Another is that sun will whiten it, and the only way to make it look good again it to put another coating on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts