GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:? has anyone had dealings with the black sheep boot company? If so how are their boots?. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife and I each got a pair in December. So far we're both very happy. They are the first pair of riding boots that I can wear all day both riding and walking. Ther're also the first pair of boots that I've paid $225 for (wonder if there is a connection). Mine fit fine on the first try Amy (wife) had to return her's for a larger size. One call to Black Sheep and the new size was on it's way the same day (before we returned the first pair).

Riding wise this winter they keep my feet perfectly warm (temps between 40 & 70). Still unknown how warm they will get in the summer (115deg in Phoenix).

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife and I each got a pair in December. So far we're both very happy. They are the first pair of riding boots that I can wear all day both riding and walking. Ther're also the first pair of boots that I've paid $225 for (wonder if there is a connection). Mine fit fine on the first try Amy (wife) had to return her's for a larger size. One call to Black Sheep and the new size was on it's way the same day (before we returned the first pair).

Riding wise this winter they keep my feet perfectly warm (temps between 40 & 70). Still unknown how warm they will get in the summer (115deg in Phoenix).

·
Registered
759 Posts
I was gonna buy a pair...however, what changed my mind was....the black sheep company didnt offer factory resoleing. And I felt that if my local shoe repairman resoled the boots, that the water proofing aspect would be lost. I had extensive conversations with black sheep about this and they were hoping in the near future to offer factory resoleing. I dont know at this time if they do or not. My contacts were last summer. I also want to say, the front office gal..forget her name...was a real sweetheart and gave exceptional customer service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Black Sheep Boots

I too am looking for a nice pair of waterproof boots that can be worn while traveling- Just concerned about the wool linings - seems like it would be hot in summer- Do they run large? small? Seem to have had some nice reviews- what do you all think ?? Thanks !!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You folks that are checking out new boots need to look at CruiserWorks. They do offer factory resoling for around $40 and they ensure the boots are as good as new. Their original cost is high ($210-250, depending on style), but they are absolutely the most comfortable boots (or shoes for that matter) I've ever worn. Takes a day or two for them to form to your foot, but when they do, they are extremely comfortable. I got mine as WingDing, and they are actually sized a bit small. See, I wear a 12, but 13s feel so good I bought 14s in the CruiserWorks.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
MesquiteBob said:
You folks that are checking out new boots need to look at CruiserWorks. They do offer factory resoling for around $40 and they ensure the boots are as good as new.

I agree as I am having my boots resoled now for $40 and the customer service is great. I love my boots and when they form to your feet they fit like a glove. I have never had wet feet in these boots and they look great too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts