GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm getting ready to start adding trim pieces to my Artic White '06.

I'm not the biggest fan of chrome trim on a white bike, not enough contrast for my liking.

Considering going with black trim pieces, for example on the saddlebags and trunk. I think there are black carbon-fiber looking trim pieces for those. I'm even considering having the lower front cowl piece and the lower exhaust pipe covers painted black as well.

If anybody has a white bike with black trim I'd appreciate some pics so I can see if I want to go that route.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them on my '05 but I don't like it much. when I see some lighted trim pieces for a reasonable cost, I'm switching them out.
CC,

I actually like the look of them in your avatar photo. (I know, I've got unusual taste in accessories.)

Where did you get your saddlebag and trunk black trim pieces?

Do you have a larger pic you can post?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
CC,

I actually like the look of them in your avatar photo. (I know, I've got unusual taste in accessories.)

Where did you get your saddlebag and trunk black trim pieces?

Do you have a larger pic you can post?

Thanks!

I have a titianium bike with black accents the cowl, all the trim pieces etc..., go to your local dealer and see if anyone has changed thiers out to lighted trims, maybe they will give them to you or sell for reasonable, my shop just gave them to me, everything else I painted...

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I have all chrome pieces, just don't care for black or other colors.
I also did the dash in white.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ttt

Come on... there's got to be some more black-on-white Wings out there!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a red Wing and I feel the same way you do. I don't want a lot of chrome ( over what the bike already has) I have even had my Kury grips powered coated black. I have thought of painting my moldings black also. If you do yours or if other's have there painted please post pictures.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Put an ad in the WANTED section, I'm sure someone with a black wing has changed theirs to chrome and you can probably pick up a set for a fair price, If you don't like it than you can sell them.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have a Titanium 06 with black trim. It breaks it up a little. With white you can use just about any color that tickles your fancy.

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
All,

I'm getting ready to start adding trim pieces to my Artic White '06.

I'm not the biggest fan of chrome trim on a white bike, not enough contrast for my liking.

Considering going with black trim pieces, for example on the saddlebags and trunk. I think there are black carbon-fiber looking trim pieces for those. I'm even considering having the lower front cowl piece and the lower exhaust pipe covers painted black as well.

If anybody has a white bike with black trim I'd appreciate some pics so I can see if I want to go that route.

Thanks!

Check this websites used bike section several days from now. They just took in a white gl1800 with black trim. The gl1800 rider traded it in for a new Road Glide Ultra. :doorag:

http://www.zylstrahd.com/minnesota/

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have burgundy on my bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts