GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about changing out my stock wheels for black ones. My bike is black and is an 01. I'm looking for a change in it's looks and like the stealth look. I do not have much chrome now and probably should belong to the anti chromers club here.

Can you riders with black wheels give me some feedback? Do you have powder coated wheels or are they black chrome? How are they holding up? how are they to clean, etc? Where did you purchase them or have them coated? Are they really expensive or just expensive?

I have just started looking into this option and would like to learn what I can from this board. I have been hanging out and reading this board since I bought my bike, new in 01, and have learned a lot from here, so thought you might be able to help me out again. Any comments from your experiences will be appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yellow wolf said:
powder coated 70,000 miles ago,100 per wheel but i took them apart and removed the ft bearings

love them!!!

Are those Cobra exhausts?? I have a chance to pick up a new set of those pipes for $150....how is the sound???

·
Registered
353 Posts
i powder coated the wheels on my valk. cost 75 a wheel. i took the wheels to the honda dealer . he striped them down.
took the wheels had them coal blasted then powder coated .

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yellow Wolf, is your antenna black? Anti Chromers want to know!

·
Registered
230 Posts
It looks like the bottom part is still stock. Did you replace just the antenna or the whole thing. Hows the reception? Thanks Mark

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I PC'd my wheels black and it's a great mod. Would do it again.

I have a white bike so the black looks good. Not sure how it would work with other colors.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Wheels

I paid 200 dollars and they powder coated the exhaust covers also.I just wipe them off with a little Honda polish and a rag.I get lots of compliments on them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll go looking for a local powder coater and check out his work before going ahead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts