GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I left a bit of chrome just so there was not to much black,,,,,,,,,,i like yours! go figure,lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
:yes1::yes1::yes1: I really like it. Want to do it to my red 2012 but have enough projects for this winter already with seat, risers, pegs and electronic odds and ends.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes i understand the projects...took serveral months to get to this point can't get in the way of ridin!!!!!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Here is a couple of examples of "blacked out." This is Wes's bike. He's in Daytona.

Then he put the MBL kit on it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Did the production of the Gold Wing F6B start the blacked out infatuation? Over on the Honda F6B forum there is an on going discussion on weather to go with all the chrome the rider can afford or all the blacked out. I installed the Revco highway pegs on mine and that alimented the chrome between the valve covers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Inspired to do likewise (2005 GL1800)

Hey guys, new to the forum and to Goldwings. Love my new (well, used) bike, a 2005 30th anniversary GL1800 but hate all the chrome, just not my taste. Found this thread and undertook a little project to update the look of the bike. Used charcoal grey gloss enamel and a can of black flexidip on my baby to go from the before to the after look. What do you think?

BEFORE: 20140801_153207.jpg AFTER: 20140821_110351.jpg

To me it just looks cleaner/more modern. Thanks for the inspiration, I like the bike even better now!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
498 Posts
The blacked out look is awesome! If you plan on doing any accent colors, to me, red always looks good with black. Here's my 05 Warrior that I did. I think a Wing done like that would be really sharp!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts