GL1800Riders Forums banner

Bleeding Brakes on Motortrike

13K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Wheelss 
#1 ·
Hi. I'm new to posting and I hope you can help me with this question.

I have had brake upgrade done on the motortrike unit. I would like to flush the brake lines and add new fluid. Do I use the same procedure that the Goldwing cycle gives, but when it comes to the rear brake bleed do I use the top two bleeders and do left rear, go to anti-dive valve, then go to the top two bleeders right rear?

#4 ·
George Patrick's instructions saved me a great deal of pain. Thanks, George. Looking forward to seeing you in Kerrville, TX at the Texas Trike Rider rally April 15-18.

For all: Bleed your clutch fluid every two or three years. I was lucky when my clutch went out as I was home. If out on the road, it would have been a lot of trouble to bleed and replace.....

#5 ·
George Patrick - Thanks for your reply. I copied your manual and I am overwhelmed on what a terrific job you did in writing this manual. I will use a vacuum pump on all but the rear brakes. I will pressure bleed the rear brakes using the rear brake pedal as per your instructions. Should the front wheel still be off the ground to take pressure off the anti-dive valve to bleed it? Thanks again, Don.

#9 ·
George was a good friend of mine. I miss his advise quite often. I saved the manual in PDF form several years ago. I recently sent it to one of our members so if you send me a PM with your email address I'll be glad to do the same for you. :)

#14 · (Edited)
Hey Jim, can you believe the popularity George's Manual has gotten? Makes this old man's heart feel really good!

BTW pregan59 the Email is sent.

#15 ·
Well, like you, I had the pleasure of putting a handshake on George several times. We met at Kerrville and both he and his lovely bride were two of the best. Here on this Board we shared WAY to much fun with IR Harry with the likes of AMSBOBBLE and the like. The stories that were told at the Texas Trike Ride Ins were...well.......ya just had to be there. I miss them both. We had some fun putting that manual together as my "01" Black Trike was used in the rear brakes section. I was talking to George on the phone and mentioned that I had the brakes apart and he said..."get out there and get me some pictures." I remined him that it was freezing cold out and I had no heat in the garage and his response was....well.....I often wondered where he got that Chaplin's ball cap he always had on. LOL. It would put a smile on his face for sure to know that he was still helping folks. Well done to you for sending out copies. I think I still have my singed copy around here somewhere. LOL.

This is the guy that pulled this together for those that are new around here.

Jeans Smile Flash photography Sky Tree